Apply for this Job
This position is responsible for the organization and execution of company sales strategy at the retail level. The Sales Director will manage the company's team of craft beverage sales representatives, and will be tasked with driving all sales activity to on-premise and off-premise customers in the company's territory. This is a full-time position requiring the ideal candidate to live in Houston.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Direct and manage all product authorization and promotional activities for retail chain accounts including supermarkets, liquor chains and bar/restaurant groups.
- Develop a schedule to call on each chain on regularly.
- Present new items to chain category managers to obtain authorizations in store shelf sets and planograms.
- Manage sales team by setting monthly goals and helping each representative execute those goals based on his or her specific route.
- Visit on and off-premise customers regularly, with and without the team; follow through with any promotional programs that are established or customer service issues that require attention.
- Work with breweries and other supplier partners to establish and execute sales strategy for individual brands.
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate must be a seasoned professional in the craft beer industry with extensive experience in chain sales as well as team management. This candidate will have a specific understanding of the set-planning process at the grocery chain level, and will be able to maximize the company's distribution footprint by working closely with category managers within each chain. This candidate will be able to produce and execute promotional sales activities with chain and independent customers.
The successful candidate will be able to lead and motivate a team and make strategy and personnel decisions that move the company in a direction of growth. He or she will interact in a highly professional manner with employees, customers, and industry peers consistently, and will be responsible for representing the company to the industry.
The successful candidate will have a passion for the craft beverage industry and will be able to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
Travel and Typical Hours:
This position requires extensive travel within the greater Houston area, and some travel outside of Houston to visit supplier partners, retail headquarters, and industry events. The typical hours for this position are M-F, 8:00-5:00, but the candidate's schedule must be flexible to accommodate for occasional events during nights and weekends.
Qualifications and Education:
An undergraduate college degree is required as well as an in-depth understanding of sales and people management. The ideal candidate will have an extensive history of chain/corporate calling experience in the beverage industry.
Upon eligibility the position includes medical, dental and vision insurance