Market Manager/Sales Representatives
Apply for Job
Established in 1995, Bear Republic is a family-owned brewery founded by third and fourth generation Sonoma County residents, who pride themselves on heritage. Our love for quality craft beers grew us into the family-owned and team-oriented business we are today.
From brewer to bottler, everyone that works (and plays) together at Bear Republic is dedicated to bringing you fresh, never-filtered craft beer and great food.
We are looking for experienced, self-motivated Market Manager/Sales Representatives with a passion for craft beer in the following markets; Sacramento, San Francisco and Los Angeles. This position will aggressively develop new and existing relationships and provide regular support to distributors, accounts, and customers while effectively maintaining and communicating our brand message.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Be the brewery’s primary point of contact for all retail accounts and distribution outlets.
- Increase package distribution in both on and off premise accounts.
- Increase draft presence in on premise accounts.
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with the buyers/owners of influential accounts.
- Assist in account and distributor craft beer education and training programs.
- Build partnerships with all distributors emphasizing Bear Republic’s brand and product value.
- Work with distributor representatives to build brand awareness and to fully develop best sales and marketing practices.
- Ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization.
- Work Events/Festivals/Beer Weeks
- Know and understand the ABC (Alcoholic Beverage Control) laws pertaining to both the supplier and wholesaler in each specific area/state.
- Recommend and implement sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analysis.
- Participate in regular sales meetings to help create sales forecasts and goals. Track execution and results.
- Know and understand sales goals for all distribution outlets.
- Maintain a comprehensive log on all account and wholesaler visits, monthly expenses and other reports as required.
- Monitor and evaluate distributors inventory. Report inventory issues to BRBC Sales Manager and work with distributor to correct improper inventory levels.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Three to five years of beverage experience, preferably with at least one year at a beer or wine distributor or brewery in a similar position
- Strong craft beer knowledge and experience in the local market.
- Knowledge of distributor operations.
- Ability to interface with various levels of management at both wholesale and retail.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals.
- Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); VIP experience preferred.
- Core competencies: Business acumen, communication proficiency, presentation skills, results driven, strategic thinking, and technical capacity.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Must be able to lift up to 150 pounds
- Must have clean driving record.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for industry-related events.