New York Beer Project
Apply for this Job
Brace yourself. New York Beer Project is coming to Victor, NY!
Is this you?
At New York Beer Project’s second destination brewery, we’re not just looking for a head brewer. We’re looking for a truly unique individual to help lead our spectacular, brand new 15,700 sq. ft. gastropub, tap room, rooftop terrace and private event space in Victor, NY. Themed after NYC’s Atlantic Garden Beer Hall (circa 1850), this venue will be a game changer in Western New York – and we need a game changing individual to serve as our head brewer.
We are seeking out someone who is imaginative, is willing to step outside his/her comfort zone, thinks outside the box, and is ready to make some wildly creative beers! You will be the face of our brewery. And in addition to cranking out beer for thirsty beer drinkers of all palates, you will be our brand ambassador for onsite beer releases and beer pairing dinners as well for offsite events.
The NYBP brand is only 3 years young, but our mothership location attracts roughly 7,000 visitors a week. We expect a similar response at the new Victor location and, as such, will offer an expansive, continually rotating menu of varying beer styles. Furthermore, we will be equipped from the get go to kick off an extensive barrel aging program.
• Minimum 2 years professional brewing experience (formal brewing education preferred, but not required)
• Physical ability to lift, move and carry grains, hoses, and equipment up to 55 pounds all while maintaining proper safety standards
• Willing and able to drive to Lockport location for initial training and occasional meeting/collaboration with Lockport brewing staff
• Open availability
• Solid written and oral communication skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft EXCEL and WORD
• Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently
• Must ENJOY and have a PASSION for brewing high quality beers
• Operate and maintain the Company’s 5-BBL brew house, tanks and related production equipment
• Production planning and scheduling
• Maintaining a clean brewery
• Recipe development
• Yeast propagation
• Calculate costing of batches
• Transfer of beer and packaging of product (draft only)
• Kegging of beer and keg washing
• Record and maintain accurate brewery records and logs
• Order, receive and manage raw materials inventory and supplies
• Implement and follow brewing process quality control procedures Implement and follow all safety standards
• Be available certain weekends and evenings for beer dinners, special events and beer related emergencies
• Serve as an ambassador and face of New York Beer Project
As a head brewer at New York Beer Project, you will be part of an exciting, upbeat culture. This position will allow you to immerse yourself in a unique environment that is hard to find elsewhere. We will provide you with the tools and workplace to help you thrive and be the best craftsman you can be. We also reward your hard work and professional dedication with competitive compensation and benefits, including the following:
• Competitive base salary, negotiable with qualifications
• Health and dental coverage
• 2 weeks paid vacation
• Complimentary shift meal