LauderAle Brewery & Tap Room
Apply for this Job
LauderAle Brewery & Tap Room, a heavily decorated, rapidly growing and wildly successful BrewPub in Fort Lauderdale, Florida which currently produces 1,000 BBL's year is seeking an Assistant Tap Room Manager.
The General Manager will work closely with the executive management and Director of Brewing Operations to ensure the continued growth and success of the tap room. This position oversees bartender staff as well as inventory management and event planning. They will work closely with production planning and purchasing. As part of the management team, the Assistant Tap Room Manager will be expected to contribute to our continued growth and expansion initiatives.
This position will work closely with ownership to achieve sales goals. Above all it is expected to keep the Tap Room running at full capacity without compromising the quality of the customer experience
Oversee all tap room operations:
- Bartender management including recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, training, scheduling, evaluations, performance management and discipline.
- Perform daily inspections to ensure the tap room, beer garden and parking lot are presentable, safe and ready for customers.
- Schedule and lead monthly staff meetings to provide updates and training on new events, procedures and to share information and receive feedback from bartenders.
- Inventory Management; Perform weekly inventory of Tap Room goods; paper goods, merchandise, office supplies
- Planning, management and organization for both on and offsite events
- Ensure a clean & safe working environment at all times. Ensure accidents and incidents are reported in a timely manner.
- Facility should be maintained in accordance with the standards and codes of the Florida Department of Health. All public and work areas should organized and kept free of dirt or mold build up, garbage, debris, etc.
- On a quarterly basis schedule and lead group deep cleans on the Tap Room.
- Participate in the weekly Monday meetings and ensure action items are completed by the following meeting.
- Scheduling & promoting daily food trucks & live music
- Manage social media to ensure our presence is active and brand relevant.
- Website Management
- Follow all cash & POS management procedures
- Backup bartenders during peak hours and fill in when short staffed
- Ensure positive customer service by interacting with customers
- Managing LauderAle’s financial resources wisely
- Ensure our employee management process is in compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Update beer menu’s as new beers become available
- Coordinates with the marketing consultant to ensure our brand is appropriately promoted.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
- Preferred High School Diploma with a minimum of 2 years of college
- Minimum of 2 years in the hospitality industry, food and beverage experience a plus
- Possess a valid ServSafe certification and/or be willing to successfully complete training within 2 weeks of hire date.
- Participate in periodic management training as directed
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server
- Strong knowledge of restaurant/tap room operations and service procedures.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Possess basic math skills, possess the ability to handle money and operate a cash register and POS system.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds, occasionally up to 100 pounds with or without assistance.
- Punctual and regular, reliable attendance.
- Honesty and Integrity.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge. Experience with an iPad and Excel is a plus.
- Experience with social media including Facebook, Instagram, twitter, Untappd.
- Ability to work quickly, problem solve and think on your feet while maintaining poise in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive, infectious attitude and sense of humor. Personable, kind, and customer service oriented.
- Passion for the service industry, desire to be part of a team and work hard, high level of self-awareness and long-term view of success.
- Well-versed in: beer history; brewing techniques; preparation techniques, styles, flavor profiles or possess a willingness to learn.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug testing.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License and maintain a minimum of $100,000 in auto liability insurance.
- Will be required to work on weekends and holidays as scheduled.
This is a full time position minimum 40 hours per week. Must be able to work nights weekends and holidays.