Regional Sales Representative – Southeast Wisconsin
Lakefront Brewery Inc
Apply for this Job
Lakefront Brewery sold their first batch of beer to a neighborhood tavern in Milwaukee, Wisconsin on December 2nd, 1987. Now, the brewery ranks among the top 75 breweries in the United States, selling beer in 35 states and five countries. Lakefront has one of the most diverse portfolios in the craft beer industry, brewing award-winning IPAs, seasonal and barrel-aged beers in addition to a leading national specialty brand portfolio. Our innovative spirit created many U.S. brewing firsts. Among these: the first certified organic beer, and the first gluten-free beer granted label approval by the U.S. Government (New Grist).
The Job Summary
The Regional Sales Representative is ultimately charged with driving sales and brand awareness for Lakefront Brewery in Southeast Wisconsin and the surrounding area. The primary focus is on increasing sales and new distribution with both new and established accounts while working together with the distributor to maintain and develop all accounts. Eighty per cent of time should be spent in the marketplace. Representatives report directly to the Sales Manager.
- Work with distributor on a weekly basis to increase sales and help attain MBO’s
- Conduct monthly sales meetings and quarterly presentations with distributor sales staff
- Maintain consistent market visitation schedule with designated on- and off- premise accounts while aggressively pursuing new points of distribution
- Identify and develop new accounts and maintain outstanding rapport in current accounts
- Become acquainted with every key decision maker or market influencer in your territory
- Attain sales and distribution goals set by Sales Manager
- Use VIP to identify opportunities and gain other business insights; track daily activity in Karma Notes
- Complete necessary and required reports in a timely manner
- Participate in beer samplings, promotions, beer festivals and conduct wait staff/bartender education
- Manage and track expenses in a timely manner while working within a set budget
- Other duties as periodically assigned by your manager
The ideal candidate should possess a strong passion for our beer and the craft brewing industry, have a proven sales track record and a firm understanding of distributor operations. Having a highly self-motivated, positive, and hard-working personality with a strong sense of personal responsibility is crucial to this role. The candidate needs to reside in the Racine-Kenosha area.
Additional requirements include:
- At least two years of sales experience in the beer/beverage industry
- Strong understanding of the three-tier system with exposure to retail-account marketing and management
- Ability to lead sales presentations to large groups and effectively communicate product info and objectives
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities to increase sales and market share
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary
- A self-starter accustomed to properly managing their time and creating opportunities
- Excellent communication skills to ensure clear, concise communication with management, co-workers, accounts and wholesalers
- Must maintain sobriety and professionalism while working in environments where taps are flowing
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Valid Driver’s License, good driving record and a reliable car
- Ability to lift and move cases of beer (up to 50lbs) and kegs (up to 150lbs)
- Must pass a pre-employment background check and driver’s license check
Competitive salary, healthcare package, retirement plan, performance bonus, car allowance, expense budget, clothing allowance and beer perks.