Flying Dog Brewery
Apply for Job
The Brewing Manager will be responsible for overseeing production and admin activities in the brewery while collaborating with the Brew Master and our team of department leads. Effective communication, leadership ability, and brewing passion are essential qualities of a successful candidate.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Direct teams responsible for the 24/7 activities across wort production, fermentation and filtration.
• Monitor and adapt team goals to meet the ever-changing production and process needs of the brewery.
• Audit, update, and train team members on our Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistent quality of products and safety of the team.
• Be an advocate, mentor and coach of a world class team of passionate craftsman.
• Be the first responder on and off shift to production questions and concerns and follow up as needed with appropriate individuals.
• Competently operate brew house, cellar and filtration equipment according to Flying Dog SOPs.
• Communicate maintenance needs to keep production on schedule and ensure team member safety.
• Oversee housekeeping efforts to ensure cleanliness of the production area.
• Maintain appropriate labor balance to meet production and budget requirements.
• Monitor and lead projects related to production efficiency, maximization, and consistency.
• Schedule and organize team training, sign offs, certifications and continued education.
• Participate in employee reviews and necessary disciplinary action.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Three-five years minimum management experience in a fast-paced environment. Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft programs (word, outlook, excel, power point).
Flexibility of schedule as this position demands off hours including: split, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
Ability to analyze situations and make decisions based on fact and experience
Ability to motivate a team and get buy-in to complete tasks as needed
Prioritize daily responsibilities and have strong self-starting skills and the ability to multi-task