Apply for this Job
RAR Brewing is hiring a Shift Brewer to be responsible for all aspects of the brewing process including brewing, fermentation, cellaring, and finishing. This employee must be a hard working, responsible, and self-motivated individual with a passion for craft beer and a desire to continue learning and growing within the industry. The candidate should also be a sociable person who is comfortable occasionally representing the brewery in public. Natural leadership, integrity, loyalty, and a good sense of humor are all factors in who we hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operating brewhouse and producing batches from start to finish
• Yeast management
• Cellaring duties including fermentation management
• Logging of all brewing related notes from brew day through fermentation, finishing, and packaging
• Following SOP (standard operating procedure) in each phase of brewing, fermentation, and packaging
• Maintaining clean brewing practices in the brewhouse and cellar including but not limited to all CIP management
• Executing preventative maintenance on all brewhouse and cellar equipment
• Monitoring raw material inventory
• Three years experience in a commercial production brewery or high-volume brew pub
• A strong passion for brewing modern American beers as well as the desire to push the boundaries of experimental brewing
• An advanced understanding of all aspects of brewing including cellaring, yeast handling, CIP, and sanitization
• Strong organizational habits, a self-motivated work ethic, and good critical thinking/problem solving skills
• Flexible schedule and willingness to work night shifts, weekends, and overtime
• Computer literate with an understanding of Microsoft Office/spreadsheet programs
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to work safely with potentially hazardous chemicals
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
Compentsation:• We offer a generous total compensation package for the right individual. Starting salary is commensurate with experience and benefits include paid time-off, paid holidays, company medical and dental.
To inquire about the position please send cover letter and resume to Shawn@rarbrewing.com.
RAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer