Area Sales Representative - Northern IL
Apply for Job
Revolution Brewing is seeking candidates for our open Area Sales Representative position. This role will be working in the suburbs North of Chicago and based out of our production brewery. The responsibility of this role includes working with both the distributor and providing account level representation of Revolution Brewing products within the assigned distributor territory. You must reside in one of the following counties to be eligible for this position: Northern Cook or Lake Counties.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Work to become the preferred supplier within both accounts and local distributors.
- Develop expertise on Revolution’s products in the market, as well as those of our competitors.
- Work 4.5 days per week in the market visiting on and off premise accounts. On average, 1 day per week will be spent traveling to other distributor areas outside of the core territory. ½ day per week will be spent in recap communication to Retailers/Distributors/Director of Sales.
- Schedule and work with distributors personnel minimally one day per week visiting accounts.
- Conduct samplings, promotions and trainings at bars and restaurants.
- Set up and represent at regional festivals.
- Conduct brewery visits for retailers.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years of experience working for a beer wholesaler or supplier within the Chicagoland market.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including using various formulas for sales data in Excel.
- Must have a reliable car and be able to travel; overnight travel will be required of this position.
- Must be able to work flexible hours as needed (including evenings and weekends).
- Must be able to lift 35-pound cases, as well as maneuver and place 168-lb kegs.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks and handle multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adopt the Revolution Brewing voice in representing the brand.
This is a full-time salaried position with pay commensurate with experience. Revolution is a great place to work and offers an excellent benefits package including paid vacation, health and dental insurance, and a 401(k) with company match.