Apply for this Job
Are you passionate about beer? Then join our team and let’s keep the beer flowing at BrickStone.
Production Brewers are responsible for the entire brewing process, from preparing raw materials through the fermentation process. BrickStone Brewery first opened its doors in 2006 with a 5-barrel brewing system. We’ve outgrown that system and today, in addition to a 10 BBL Newlands brewhouse at the brewpub, we recently built a separate state-of-the-art production facility with canning capabilities. In our production facility, we brew on a four vessel, 50 BBL Siemens controlled Newlands brewhouse and are looking to grow to a capacity of 18,000 barrels. BrickStone brews are currently distributed throughout Illinois with the plan to open multiple new markets in the future. Our portfolio includes a diverse selection of award-winning beers, including 2012 GABF gold medal and 2012 World Beer Cup bronze medal APA and 2013 GABF gold medal Belgo APA.
BrickStone is searching for passionate and skilled people like you! We are hiring a Full-Time Production Brewer in our production facility in Bourbonnais, Illinois. Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- Manage all aspects of a brew day including handling raw ingredients, produce batches of wort, transfer wort/beer, handle yeast, and monitor fermentations.
- Operate brewhouse with great attention to detail and accuracy from milling, mashing, lautering, and proper gravities.
- Harvest, Pitch, and Count Yeast and all other aspects of Yeast Management
- Tank Management including gravity checks and dry-hopping
- Follow standardized process to ensure consistency in production
- Clean and maintain brew house and general area regularly to ensure sanitary environment, including CIP and sanitization of all vessels (fermenters, mash tun, kettle, heat exchanger, and bright beer tanks)
- Accurately measure ingredients for the brewing process
- Maintain an inventory of raw materials and brewery supplies
- Ability to understand and assist in cellar and packaging when needed
- Draw and record samples
- Organize production logs and other reports
- Communicate with Brewing team, management and other teammates across all levels of a brewery operation to ensure that processes are being conducted in the most efficient and highest quality manner.
The ideal candidate must have the following:
- Must be positive and outgoing
- Exceptionally organized and clean
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment which involves many short notice tasks and schedule changes.
- Ability to lift up to 65 pounds and move 165 pounds as needed.
- Ability to be on your feet and stay focused and alert for extended periods of time.
- Continuous use of hands and arms and continuous bending, reaching and twisting.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to work effectively within a team.
- Be detail oriented and strive for the highest quality brews
- Flexibility in schedule with the ability to work rotating shifts
- Continually gain knowledge of the craft beer world and be passionate about beer
- Two years of experience in a production brewery or brewpub
- Strong work ethic
- The desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Ability to operate a forklift and pallet jack
- Ability to manipulate valves and clamps
- Ability to follow instructions, both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a brewery environment which may be loud, slick, humid, hot and cold
- Ability to comply with safe chemical handling procedures, including personal protection equipment
If you have a passion for making beer, then this is a great opportunity for you! You will gain valuable brewery experience with room for advancement.
BrickStone offers their production brewers a competitive compensation package backed on experience, healthcare contribution, paid time off, career development through training, advancement opportunities, discounted shift meals, discounts on merchandise, and other perks including a generous beer benefit so you can enjoy the fruits of your labor.
Please submit a cover letter and resume when applying.
BrickStone Brewery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.