Northern Colorado Sales Representative
Avery Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
NORTHERN COLORADO SALES REPRESENTATIVE
Reports to: Regional Sales Director - Mountain
Territory includes: Longmont, Louisville, Lafayette, Erie, Loveland, Estes Park, with travel ~1x per month to Southern WY
- Create and maintain strong, long-term relationships with distributor teams, our retail partners, consumers and fans.
- Plan, manage time, and prioritize as necessary to align efforts with monthly business objectives (MBOs) as well as company and department sales growth goals.
- Engage in 40 account calls per week with supporting activities (promotions, staff trainings, festivals, hand sells) at the account level, and record account activity in Karma Notes.
- Improve conditions in existing accounts with a focus on POS, display, account presence, pricing, and promotion.
- Perform ongoing quality control of beer outside of the brewery. The ability to spot poor beer rotation, dated or damaged product, and evaluation of overall draft system performance is necessary. You will be an important extension of our brewery quality control program.
- Focus on “pull through” not “force in” sales technique. High level results are expected but never at the cost of good business practices.
- Good technology skills with a focus on Excel, PowerPoint, various social media, industry programs such as VIP/SAP and more are needed. Ongoing education and personal development in all areas is expected.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish sales goals
- The commitment to work some nights and weekends. At some level this has to be a lifestyle not a nine-to-five commitment.
- Solid time management and prioritization skills are expected.
- Travel 1-2 times per month to support Wyoming accounts and distributor
- Focus on “problem solving” more than “problem identifying”
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A strong understanding of the local craft beer scene and opportunities within the territory
- 1+ years of experience in craft beer sales, Distributor, or retail account buyer position
- Able to demonstrate strong retail and wholesale-oriented math skills, understanding of gross profit, gross margin, pricing strategies, and discounting structures will be necessary
- Valid driver's license with a responsible driving record, registered and insured vehicle, and ability to drive to and from accounts continuously
- Must live within the assigned territory within 60 days of start
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 40 pounds or more, extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing
- Certified Cicerone or similar training preferred. The ability to educate people from all levels of knowledge on the merits of craft brewing and specifically Avery Brewing is a must.