Tasting Room Manager
Dry Dock Brewing Co
Apply for this Job
Under the direction of the Owners, the Tasting Room Manager is responsible for the overall operation of the two tasting rooms. This includes supervising staff, training, ordering of equipment and supplies, scheduling, payroll review and vendor relationships all while ensuring our tasting rooms continue to provide a fantastic customer experience. The position requires a working knowledge of all functions of the business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing, training and scheduling approximately 20 staff for two tasting rooms.
- Assists in the hiring process for bartenders. Provides feedback and recommendations for performance issues and terminations.
- Reviewing hours for payroll for the department.
- Purchasing and inventory of glassware, merchandise, cleaning and office supplies.
- Ensure merchandise areas at both locations are stocked and all merchandise items are priced and displayed.
- Manage and update Point of Sales (POS) systems with new products.
- Run periodic reports through POS to analyze sales, loss, and opportunities for growth.
- Manage the Event Coordinator in their role of planning and organizing special events, parties, live music, trivia and reservations at tasting rooms in conjunction with sister company, The Brew Hut. Stays informed about events and news regarding both companies by actively following and reading about Dry Dock and The Brew Hut on social media, newsletters, and tap room marketing materials. Shares relevant information with customers and entire bartending staff.
- Help organize visits, trainings, and reservations with our key partners including on and off premise accounts and hotels to provide an exceptional brewery experience.
- Organize and arrange private parties and reservations for customers at both locations.
- Organize and arrange charitable donations.
- Manage cleaning and maintenance staff for both locations.
- Update menus on TapHunter and chalkboards as new beers are released.
- Coordinate seasonal beer releases and parties with brewing staff.
- Oversee bartender beer education and training.
- Develop and maintain operating procedures for front of house.
- Work with the marketing team to develop promotional and merchandise needs for the tasting rooms.
- Handle customer complaints regarding service issues, credit card disputes and chargebacks.
- Manage the merchandise inventory and control loss.
- Track draft and package sales in the tasting rooms and help control loss.
- Consistently provide outstanding customer service by maintaining upbeat and friendly disposition, remaining apprised of various beer styles to inform and educate customers, encouraging exploration of other beer styles when appropriate.
- Ability to monitor keg volume and change out as appropriate. Order kegs from each brewery to ensure appropriate variety in beer offerings are available at both locations. Demonstrate a commitment to learning about beer products and processes.
- Appropriately cross promote sister company, The Brew Hut, events and merchandise.
- Manage guided tours at North Dock.
- Maintain a clean and presentable appearance.
- Train staff to monitor customer alcohol consumption to avoid over service.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Must be 21 years of age.
- 5 years relevant management experience in bar, restaurant or brewery.
- 2 years experience in event planning preferred
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Advanced understanding of POS systems and reporting.
- Proven ability to manage, lead, and develop people.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction.
- A competitive spirit with an assertive, confident personality.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to achieving results.
- Strong judgment and professional maturity.
- Ability to effectively communicate and cooperate with coworkers, Owners and sister company management.
- Must have superior customer service and interpersonal relationship skills with special emphasis on problem-solving.
- Ability to work independently as well as strong team orientation and ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and coordination skills.
- Responds positively and quickly to voicemails, emails, coworker and customer concerns both internally and externally.
- Treats all employees with dignity and respect; creates an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Demonstrated understanding of safety standards and protocols; safety minded.
- Customer centric disposition; professional and interactive.
- Strong project and time management, attention to detail, and problem solving skills.
- Professional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
- Highly competent with computer functions.
- Ability to maintain confidential matters.
- Knowledge of business English and spelling.
- Ability to use computer, copier, postage meter, facsimile, printer, multiple-line phone, paper folder, laminator, projector, and scanner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have reliable transportation, a clean driving record and the ability to operate a company owned motor vehicle.
- Manage a large number of projects simultaneously to ensure smooth implementation.
- Ability to work onsite and work nights and weekends.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Frequent walking, bending, twisting, kneeling, climbing, stooping, crawling and crouching.
- Must be able to correctly lift up to 50 lbs to shoulder height and push or pull up to 160 lbs.
- Use hands, fingers to wrist and maintain fine digit manipulation and must be able to fully extend arms.
- Must be able to maintain adequate vision (with or without corrected lenses); able to distinguish colors for purposes of discussing products. Adequate peripheral vision is also necessary for safety purposes as are depth, distance, and ability to focus.
- In performance of job duties, employee is routinely required to communicate effectively with customers and coworkers.
Salary and Benefits:
Dry Dock offers a competitive salary, health care, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401k, life insurance and paid vacation.
Dry Dock Brewing Co. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital/familial status.
Please send resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with title “Tasting Room Manager” in subject line. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. The position will remain open until it is filled.