Revelry Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Revelry Brewing is searching for an experienced head brewer to oversee all wort production and lead a team of seven full-time staff members over two locations, our main brewery and our barrel aging facility, The Hold. See job description below and email all resumes to email@example.com
Founded in 2014, Charleston, SC based Revelry Brewing Company is an award winning and multi-location production brewery that produces 5,000BBLS of beer annually for regional distribution and multiple on-site tap rooms. Revelry is seeking a Head Brewer to oversee all wort/beer production between the original brewery and the new independent barrel cellar and tasting room, The Hold. All qualified applicants will meet the requirements listed below.
Division/Department: Brewing Operations
Reports to: Director of Brewing Operations
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead a team that brews Revelry’s year-round beers and monitor their progress through fermentation.
• Design and brew new specialty offerings.
• Oversee and improve fining/filtration, carbonation, and racking of beer.
• Have an active role in the daily brewing cycle, completing tasks as needed for each brew.
• Use spreadsheets to model workflow and determine areas to increase brewing production output
• Perform consistent walk-throughs of the brewery to inspect for leaks/problems/patches
• Enforce OSHA and safety compliance
• Oversee CIP and sanitation
• Manage production schedule and labor needs
• Ensure that the brewery floor and outside area managed by the brewery (chiller, bins, racks, etc.) is clean at all times
• Develop relationships with key suppliers to get best prices, order materials, and secure favorable contracts
• Serve as a public and media face of Revelry’s brewing operations
• Lead beer education sessions for retail customers, bar staff and event volunteers
• Represent Revelry at state guild meetings and charitable partner events
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATIVE
• Lead monthly Bartending Staff team meetings to improve communication and efficiency.
• Write and manage training manual for new brewing staff.
• Write and manage SOPs for brewery team.
• Interview, hire, and train new brewing staff members.
• Manage inventory (raw materials, brew house supplies, hops).
• Maintain brewery and production records.
GROWTH & EDUCATION
• Explore the viability of new product extensions (cider, mead, soda, kombucha, sake, etc.)
• Identify the mechanics/infrastructure for major brewery expansion.
• Represent the brewery’s needs and concerns at conferences, guild meetings, and festivals
• Identify and resolve bottlenecks.
• Advanced understanding of all aspects of brewing (formal brewing education preferred)
• 3 – 5 years of increasing responsibilities in a commercial brewing facility, ideally brewing 5,000BBL-10,000BBL annually
• Ability to operate forklift, hand truck, pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
• Attention to detail
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to lift or move heavy products in excess of 100lbs
• Positive attitude
• Ability to work in a wide variety of temperatures (brewery is not climate controlled)
• Willingness to learn duties as they arise in correlation to growth and expansion