Artifact Cider Project
Apply for this Job
Artifact Cider Project makes distinctive ciders from great apples. We’re a mission-oriented cidery aiming to produce exceptional, thoughtful ciders through modern techniques while supporting and showcasing local orchards. Founded in 2013, we are now distributed to multiple states along the eastern seaboard.
We’re searching for a qualified candidate to join our small team as Lead Cidermaker. This person will independently lead the operations in our new cidery in Northampton, MA. It will be a production and quality assurance oriented role, responsible for overall production management, batch management, packaging execution, and quality control of our distinctive ciders. You will report directly to one of the founders.
- 5+ years hands-on fermented beverage production experience (cidery or brewery)
- Established leadership experience managing schedules and facilities
- Established track record of quality, consistency, and independent work ethic
- BA/BS, scientific background preferred but not required
- Fluency with the scientific principles of alcoholic fermentations
- Familiarity with OSHA, FDA, TTB compliance
- Passion for facility/production management
- Ability to work independently with occasional long hours, sometimes alone
- Sensory training with alcoholic fermentations (cider, wine, beer)
- Obsession with maintaining a clean, safe, organized and sanitary workplace
- Physical fitness to carry heavy loads (~50lb) while climbing up a ladder
- Joints to crouch, kneel, crawl, climb, twist, and bend for an extended time
- Diligence to maintain and keep meticulous, compliant records
- Ability to communicate well within a team but also work autonomously
- Adaptable disposition, willing to roll with the punches
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Artifact Cider Project is an equal opportunity employer.