Fort Point Beer Company
Apply for Job
Fort Point is an independent San Francisco brewery made up of people who believe the simple things in life can be a whole lot better.
The Financial Manager is responsible for Accounting, Financial Analysis, Budgeting and directly oversees General Bookkeepers, Accounts Receivable Team, Accounts Payable Team (including Payroll).
The name of the game is consistency. This means setting up processes that are clear to communicate and flexible enough to address all the situations that come up in the course of business. The Financial Manager’s work includes both supervisory and direct work to ensure policies are followed for all purchasing and vendor contracts, communication with vendors and customers on invoicing and payments, management of the collections process, payroll processing and employee reimbursements, and more.
The Financial Manager’s goal is to keep the company’s books up-to-date for quick decision making, period-end closing, and financial reporting. The Financial Manager directly reports to the Director of HR & Finance, and will work closely with the CEO and Financial Advisor on financial budgeting & analysis. They will work closely with Directors & Managers to help us realize our financial goals.
The Financial Manager must be efficient, extremely detail oriented and have a solid understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The Financial Manager will need inputs from a variety of employees and must be an effective collaborator.
- Manage month end closing including making journal entries (inventory and accrual entries and filing tax returns
- Oversee and lead AR and AP teams
- Prepare financial reports and any ad hoc analysis as needed
- Develop, manage, and enforce procurement, purchasing, collections and other general accounting policies & procedures
- Audit bank reconciliations for accuracy
- Audit payroll for accuracy
- Enforce general accounting policies & procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years financial and accounting experience with a thorough understanding of GAAP
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
- Netsuite, SAP, or other similar ERP usage
- Experience reviewing financial documents for accuracy and completeness
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Proactive, self-directing and project oriented
- Knack for creating designing reports for readability
- Previous experience with Manufacturing business cycles (Beer or broader CPG industry) preferred
- Previous personnel management experience preferred
- Paid Time Off
- Paid company holidays
- Health Care: 100% Employer contribution to Kaiser plan and 50% for Dependents
- Supplementary: Eligible for Dental, Vision, and Life group plan
- Commuter pre-tax benefits
- FSA pre-tax benefits
- Discounted Planet Granite or other Gym membership
- Beer and Food benefits