Elite brands of Colorado
Apply for this Job
Job Title: Brand Manager
Department: Sales / Marketing
Reports To: Portfolio Director
Exemption Status: Salary / Exempt
Welcome to Elite Brands of Colorado! Elite is a company with a lifetime of experience in the alcoholic beverage distribution industry. We consider it an honor to represent the finest producers of wine, beer, and spirits to the people in the state of Colorado. We are a fun group that work as a team and we win as a team.
The Brand Manager will manage and plan our approach to market for the assigned beverage segment categories. The Brand Manager will be the main point of contact for suppliers and will set up annual market plans, set pricing, manage the product mix, create brand goals and incentives, and communicate the sales plans to the Sales team. It will be their job to intimately understand what the current trends are and how they will affect Elite Brands Business, all the while having the ability to education, train and inspire our staff to follow these trends to grow our business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Set a plan for company growth within the assigned beer categories
- Drive the profitability of Elite Brands including Bill Backs
- Maintain supplier relationships
- Plan for long-term growth, including annual plans, supplier visits, and market approach
- Set and maintain products, pricing, and profit margins
- Forecasting sales and placing purchase orders with suppliers to maintain in-stock product
- Monitoring current inventory and identifying overstock, slow sales, and short-dated product
- Coordinating with Logistics to ensure the timely arrival of product
- Manage inventory to prevent any out of date product
- Communication of inventory challenges to the Director of Sales and Marketing
- Recruit new suppliers within the assigned beverage segment category and review quality, price and availability of products
- Launch new items and new suppliers, driving new profit channels
- Generate and utilize supplier support, financial or otherwise
- Plan brand goals and incentives and communicate this information to the Sales team
- Education and communication with sales team on each brand
- Attend meetings, conferences and tastings centered around the assigned beer category
- Create, coordinate, and attend on-site promotional functions at established customer accounts. (i.e. product launches, and tastings).
- Use their available network resources to seek new supplier opportunities
- Manage a beer date code manual and help educate sales staff on how to manage dated beer off premise
- Regularly conduct pricing surveys at key accounts for specific brands as required
- Market Visits as needed to understand the changing, dynamic market.
- Additional duties and responsibilities to be determined
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent education and experience) in Business Administration
- One to two years’ experience with the Domestic Wine and Spirits category on the wholesale level
- 21 years of age or older
- Must possess superior communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions quickly and efficiently while remaining calm and professional
- Strong negotiating skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated with a high productivity level
- Strong analytical skills and numeric ability
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate processes and work well with various departments
- Ability to attain a Michigan Liquor Control Commission license
- Occasional travel required
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, bend, and sit for long periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Salary plus Bonus; Matched 401K; Profit Sharing Program; Health, Vision and Dental Benefits; Car and Phone allowance
Application Deadline: open until filled
How to Apply: If you meet all job qualifications and would like to apply for this position, please email a short cover letter mentioning your qualifications and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.