Assistant General Manager
pFriem Family Brewers
Apply for this Job
The Assistant General Manager or AGM, is the right hand of the General Manager, or GM. They will be responsible for important tactical and operational aspects of the tasting room, as well as be involved with supporting and improving the structure and processes of the business. Their key roles are being able to support the organization in terms of personnel issues, day to day accounting, emails and correspondence, handling general restaurant issues, and maintaining the level of service desired at all times. The AGM will act on behalf of the GM in their absence, and have the authority to discipline employees, and the ability to make restaurant-impacting operational decisions.
The AGM’s role is to create a consistent upper managerial presence in the tasting room at all times. The AGM will also have significant financial management responsibilities in forecasting, managing labor, and other spends on a day-to-day basis. The successful candidate would have at least 2 years of management experience in a restaurant/brewpub setting, and preferably have experience with the direct management of other employees.
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee every aspect of restaurant operations.
- Ensures excellent guest service that meets or exceeds expectations.
- Ensures that the restaurant is adequately staffed to meet guest needs.
- Controlling day-to-day operations - profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Operating the business in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws.
- Will directly impact interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Responsible for assisting with financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties, completed accurately, on time and in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Manage all shifts, which include daily decision-making, staff support, scheduling and planning while upholding standards, product quality and cleanliness.
- Maximizing table turnover, sales per guest, and sales per hour.
- Enforcing safe work behaviors to maintain a safe environment for both guests and staff members.
- Monitor daily activities to ensure quality food and cleanliness standards.
- Meet the restaurant's P&L, and expense goals
- Promoting selling techniques.
- Maintaining professional behavior while creating a warm, fun, friendly, and hospitable atmosphere.
- Guest Experience and Customer Service
- Training and Development of Staff, including testing, beer/food schools, and enrichment programs
- Monitor Consistent Food Quality
- Workplace Safety, OLCC and Health Department Compliance
- Food, Beverage and Labor Costs
- FOH Inventory, BOH inventory review
- Store Cleanliness and Maintenance
Benefits and Privileges:
- 2 weeks paid vacation accrued annually
- Health Insurance Credit
- Beer Account set at $450 per month
- Monthly Beer Case
- Performance based bonus structure
- Set schedule