Seismic Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
ABOUT THE JOB
We are currently recruiting a motivated, self-starting Logistics Coordinator with a passion for craft beer to join our team. Our Logistics Coordinator will serve as the liaison between production, sales, and distribution to ensure our product can reach thirsty beer drinkers. This individual will work closely with the production and sales team, distribution partners, various community organizations and retail customers. Our Logistics Coordinator will report to the Production Manager and the Brewmaster and will be responsible for relaying information to multiple departments.
JOB DETAILS: Our Logistics Coordinator will interact with many different groups & have a wide range of responsibilities. All job details listed below are intended to support the principal goal of building the Seismic Brewing Company Brand in accordance with our Company Mission and Values.
IN/OUT BOUND LOGISTICS:
• Resolve any transportation issues with carriers and inform customers and warehouse of schedules for deliveries
• Ensure all orders are accurate and complete
• Generate and manage necessary documentation including (but not limited to): Delivery Orders, BOL, Goods Receipt POs for packaging and raw materials, current inventory reports, product aging reports, distribution reports, etc.
• Prepare documentation of inventory description and value
• Place raw material and packaging material orders based on needs as dictated by the production team
• Collaborate with self-distribution branch of Seismic to streamline deliveries, cooperage returns, QA/QC concerns, etc.
• Oversee and uphold rigorous quality and inventory control standards with distribution and freight partners. This includes loading and shipping orders in a timely manner to maintain product freshness and integrity, booking refrigerated or same-day dry-van transportation, communicating product freshness and QA/QC policies to distribution partners, etc.
• Maintain open channels of communication with multiple brewery departments, as well as distribution and logistics partners
• Notify customers of pending arrivals, pick-up/delivery arrangements, inventory shortages, etc.
• Work with production team to ensure proper warehouse organization, including picking and building orders, organizing the cold box to accommodate packaging operations, receiving and storing raw materials, etc.
• Maintain First-In-First-Out rotation of both raw materials and finished goods inventories
• Receive and track all packaging and raw materials into brewery software by utilizing lot/batch number tracking
• Other duties as assigned
• 1-3 years of logistics and managerial experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with customers and distribution partners
• Highly organized, capable of multi-tasking and maintaining composure in high pressure situations
• Lead by example. Demonstrated success of working independently and as a part of team.
• Valid driver’s license free from any DUIs within the past 3 years & 0 points on their driver’s license.
• The ability to have flexible hours, including some evening and weekend work as necessary
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to reprioritize projects as needed
• The ability to lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
• Forklift experience- Highly preferred
• Previous experience with inventory management systems
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Competitive salary that will be determined by experience
• Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage, fully funded for employee
• 401k w/matching
• Paid time off & Holidays
• Awesome company culture & amazing people!
• The opportunity to brew your own beer with our amazing brewing team!
If you would like to be the Logistics Coordinator for Seismic Brewing Company, please submit your resume AND a cover letter, which highlights your previous experience working within the logistics field, your passion for craft beer, your required salary, and anything else that you would like us to know about you.
The Resume and Cover Letter can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, RE: “Seismic Logistics Coordinator”. This position will remain posted/open until filled. Resumes submitted without cover letters will not be considered.