Area Sales Manager - Midwest
Avery Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
AREA SALES MANAGER
Purpose of the Position: The Area Sales Manager is responsible for day-to-day execution of overall company sales strategy through distributor management and through account level presence and execution in the assigned territory.
Territory Includes: Metro areas within IL, MN, IA, MI, IN, OH, WI, KY, VA, WV. Ideally the Area Manager will be based out of Chicago.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Grows Avery distribution revenue within assigned territory YOY through increased points of distribution, chain support, managing allocations and inventory in region.
- Day-to-day distributor communication and management as primary focus. Account level work for key accounts, new accounts, and national accounts. 30 account calls per week and supporting activities (promotions, staff trainings, festivals, hand sells) at the account level. Activities recorded in Karma Notes.
- Plans, manages time, and prioritizes as necessary to align efforts with Monthly Business Objectives (MBOs) as well as company and department sales goals.
- Holds distributors accountable for goals and forecasts through Monthly Business Reviews. Coordinates with Regional Sales Manager, prepares and presents MBRs.
- Ensures appropriate forecast and inventory levels to achieve market goals and quality assurance freshness and standards.
- Ensures consistency with all marketing initiatives throughout region as well as consistency with overall brand.
- Aligns distributors with Avery National Accounts strategy, holds distributor accountable to execution on National Accounts strategy, executes and holds distributors accountable to authorizations, programs, features, displays, and pricing.
- Regular Communication of Wins and Opportunities through established General Sales Meetings.
- Must live in and have experience within the territory
- 3-5 years of craft beer sales experience with 1-2 years of Distributor management experience
- Able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of forecasting, points of distribution, rate of sale and volume driving planning and execution.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of fundamentals of pricing, discounting, gross profit, gross margin strategies and execution.
- Traveling 10 days per month and commitment to work some nights and weekends to support market efforts is required in this position
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 30 pounds or more, extended amounts of standing, stooping, crouching, and climbing
- Proficient technology skills and application in Excel, Word, VIP, Power Point, and organizational tools are necessary. Ongoing education and personal development in all areas is expected.
- Opportunity and Problem Recognition, Analysis, and Solution Planning
- Clear communication skills and ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms, including persuasion-through-explanation.
- Wide vision and direct collaboration skills within the sales organization and supporting functions (Supply Chain, Finance).
- Knowledge of the sales and distribution network as well as the supply chain workflow.
- An inherent sense of urgency and tracking ability to drive action on a timely fashion.
- A strong understanding of the craft beer scene in the metro areas of the territory and Avery’s place in those.
- A love for Avery and our commitment to quality beers, relentless improvement, each other, and market excellence!