Fat Head's Brewery, Cleveland
Apply for this Job
PURPOSE: To be responsible for maintaining and executing all cellaring functions in a computer driven high volume brewery with automation. This position will act in accordance with policy and procedure, safety requirements, and best practices to ensure the highest quality beer.
- Execute Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for each phase of fermentation, clarification, carbonation and packaging.
- Clean and sanitize all equipment and work areas
- Maintain equipment that cools and adds yeast to wort to produce beer
- Provide support to brewing operations
- Maintain accurate records and thoroughly document notes
- Assist in yeast handling and fermentation management
- Communicate with Maintenance and Quality Departments as needed
- Follow all safety standards including safe chemical handling and sanitary equipment maintenance
- Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Daily use of computer inventory software to ensure raw material availability
- Provide a safe and clean environment for brewery tours, events, and employees
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum age 21
- Minimum 1 year of professional brewing experience in a production brewery preferred
- Fermentation Science Degree or related four-year degree preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of brewing science, brewhouse, and cellar operations
- Computer and math proficiency
- Obsessive attention to detail and record keeping
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently
- Passion for the brewing process and beer
- Innovative ambitious, driven yet caring and dedicated
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. When possible, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Regularly required to use hands; handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste
- Frequently required to stand; walk; stoop; kneel; crouch; and crawl
- Occasionally required to sit; climb; and balance
- Frequently lift, push, pull or move objects up to 60 lbs.
- Occasionally lift, push, pull or move objects weighing more than 60 lbs. and rarely more than 165 lbs.
- Required vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Requires taste and smell capabilities to evaluate aromas and taste profiles
- Work is primarily performed in a production brewing environment. May be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibrations and other brew production related hazards
- May require frequent weekend and overnight work
Fat Head’s Brewing, LP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for any employment decision without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Fat Head’s complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Fat Head’s expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment. Fat Head’s is an at-will employer and this job description does not constitute a contract of employment. This job description is subject to change at any time.