Field Sales Manager
Apply for this Job
Field Sales Manager
The responsibility of the Field Sales Manager is to oversee and manage the wholesale and retail sales of our company, including product sales through retail and wholesale channels. Lead sales representatives and brand ambassadors to drive volume, profit, and share growth. Manage and direct retail execution across all channels and classes of trade. Lead distributor management initiatives assisting sales representatives and formulating distributor sales objectives.
Sales Team Management
- Manage, hire, train and develop sales representatives in order to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Coach and mentor employees through meaningful individual development plans
- Build and manage a strong team through clear expectations, personal accountability, courageous conversations and effective performance management
- Develop the skills of our brand ambassadors, and utilize their skill sets through on- and off-premise tastings
- Implement and monitors sales support systems like VIP/Karma throughout the sales network
- Maintain open communication with management on progress, challenges and opportunities. Suggest improvements to help reach sales goals.
- Keep abreast of current market trends. Communicate information and recommendations to senior management.
- Comply with local, county, state, and federal government requirements.
- Fiscal responsibilities across all markets monitoring sales and marketing expenses
- Organize and represent the brewery at events and festivals
- Leads, directs and motivates distributors to align with business strategies and deliver execution of initiatives in retail outlets.
- Develops relationships with critical stakeholders within each distributor
- Sets Annual Business Plan (ABP’s) and holds distributors accountable for goals and forecasts through monthly reviews.
- Design and execute bold and creative incentives and programming to gain distributor share of mind resulting in increased sales and distribution.
- Monitors and manages inventory at distributor to ensure timely sell-through
- Qualified candidates must live in the Austin, TX area
- A minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership position in adult beverage sales, preferably in craft beer sales
- Knowledge and experience related to the three-tier sales system
- Knowledge of legal issues related to alcohol sales: liquor laws, promo values
- Demonstrated success in team development with proven leadership skills
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skill
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High organization and time management skills
- Proven skills developing and managing budgetary responsibilities
- Fully proficient computer skills with Excel, Word, Outlook, and Powerpoint
- Experience with CRM platform(s)
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to travel extensively throughout the market
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to lifting of 50 pounds or more
- Valid driver's license with active auto insurance, and a clean DMV record is required.
- Must pass pre-employment background check, including motor vehicle record