Stable Craft Brewing
Apply for this Job
Stable Craft Brewing is a rapidly expanding farm brewery located in the foothills of the Blue Ridge and Allegheny Mountains of central Virginia, specifically Augusta County, VA.
Stable Craft Brewing is a field-to-glass operation, growing our own hops and specializing in sustainable brewing practices.
We brew on a 10 bbl direct fire system with six 10-bbl and four 20-bbl fermentation vessels with associated
Stable Craft Brewing is looking for an individual with a background in beer - having worked in a professional brewing environment for 24 months. If you are hard-working, motivated, responsible and able to think on your feet, we would like to hear from you.
Please be prepared to submit an UP-TO-DATE RESUME & 3 PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES for consideration.
Position Responsibilities and Duties - Brewer
- Report to Head Brewer and Operations Director
- Assume the day-to-day responsibilities of the Head Brewer when working separate shifts or in the Head Brewer’s absence for professional and/or personal reasons (i.e. festivals, competitions, vacation, etc.)
- Perform tank,
wortwayand packaging line CIPs
- Filter or centrifuge beer
- Dry hop beer
- Carbonate beer
- Take daily gravities, evaluate fermentation progress and schedule future tasks based on the status of fermentations
- Maintain cellar records, such as brew logs and weekly cooler inventory reports
- Conduct Quality Assurance and Quality Control work, including gravity, cell counts, sampling, yeast dumps
- Harvest and pitch yeast
- Clean kegs and casks
- Fill kegs and casks
- Work on the bottling line
- Clean the brewery facilities
- Clean and maintain the keg washing and milling areas
- Maintain orderly inventory of malt, hops and other brewing supplies as needed
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of brewery supplies and ingredients
- Assist with maintenance and overall cleanliness of entire brewery and cellar, including tank exteriors and floors
- Educate tasting room staff
- Appear and be engaged at inside and outside events, festivals, and competitions
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills for Brewer
- Flexible schedule to work day, night, graveyard, holiday and weekend shifts
- Ability to work at least 8+ hour shifts2 years of production brewing experience
- Brewing and industry certifications preferred (i.e. Cicerone)
- Industry references
- Strong understanding of brewing science
- Strong understanding of the brewing process and procedures best practices
- Strong mechanical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills. Must be comfortable speaking with someone one-on-one as well as presenting to large groups.
- Experience and familiarity with Google applications, such as Docs, Sheets
andSlides preferred but not required
Physical Position Requirements
The Brewer works primarily in a manufacturing environment, working in, on and around vessels and pipes under pressure containing air, CO2, water, beer, chemicals, steam
Salary & Benefits for Brewer
Salary will be based on experience. Benefits include paid time off and training/continued education expenses.
Our company is currently expanding benefits: health insurance, 401, and PTO
Job Type: Full-time