Director of Sales
Odell Brewing Company
Apply for Job
ABOUT ODELL BREWING
Since 1989, the culture of family and collaboration has thrived, fostering a brewery full of beer-centric people. It is this passion for beer that inspires Odell Brewing to create quality, hand-crafted and innovative brews. Odell Brewing is committed to providing exceptional service to its customers while making positive contributions to their co-workers and community through its outreach and charitable giving programs. Odell Brewing is the 22nd largest craft brewery in the United States and currently distributes in 18 states. In 2015, Odell sold the majority of the company to its co-workers (now co-owners) in a combined management buyout and Employee Stock Ownership Program.
Our collective leadership and independence empower us to build a culture of ownership where we contribute, educate, and innovate, while keeping Colorado at our core. Always Better.
Odell Brewing Company is seeking an experienced and dynamic sales executive. As a member of the executive leadership team, this role will design and implement the sales strategy and advise the executive team on market trends, innovative approaches, and process improvements needed to achieve organizational goals. As part of a collaborative team and in close partnership with the Director of Marketing, the Director of Sales will ensure the effective execution of the sales strategy to successfully position the brand and the organization.
- Model the values and ethical standards of Odell Brewing Company.
- Inspire and monitor sales team objectives and priorities utilizing goals to help ensure execution and alignment across all teams.
- Effectively coach and hold team members accountable.
- Participate and represent sales on a variety of sub-committees and leadership teams focused on portfolio management, strategy, logistics and human resource initiatives. Provide recommendations and understand how all departments work in conjunction.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve company objectives.
- Develop and advance a comprehensive National Accounts plan to effectively influence and support trade partner’s objectives to drive distribution, awareness and rate of sale.
- In conjunction with finance, IT and internal analyst, continuously monitor, measure, analyze performance and evolve accordingly to increase effectiveness of strategic sales plan.
- Collaborate to develop, implement, and manage sales team budget.
- Lead distributor management initiatives assisting regional managers and sales representatives in formulating distributor sales objectives.
- Influence distributor focus and develop tactics to increase share of mind.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and Leadership Team to communicate and develop initiatives related to Marketing Strategies to sync and support our distributor partners efforts related to their MBO, PFP and distributor goals.
- Demonstrated success in developing strategies to increase market share and revenue
- Five to ten years’ experience in alcohol/beverage or CPG industry
- Long-term strategic planning and vision capabilities
- Knowledge and experience related to the three-tier sales system
- Expert trade knowledge in National Account strategies and execution
- Highly analytical and willing to work in a collaborative environment
- Demonstrated success in team development with proven leadership skills
- Success within portfolio management and brand development
- Passion for beer and craft beer industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience requiredBottom of Form
We offer a comprehensive benefit and compensation plan, including the Employee Stock Ownership Plan, Paid Time Off, 401k Match, Profit Sharing, 100% paid sabbatical after 10yrs, and employer contributions toward Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance.
If you are interested in applying for the Director of Sales position, please submit a cover letter and resume to HR@odellbrewing.com
Equal Opportunity Employer - Odell Brewing Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, marital status, sex, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.