On-Premise Sales Representative
Central Coast Distributing
Apply for this Job
Central Coast Distributing is a fourth-generation, family-owned beverage distributor serving San Luis Obispo and Northern Santa Barbara County . We have achieved nationwide recognition for excellence and quality with our suppliers by focussing on sustainable and ethical business practices. We remain competitive in our brand offerings and are the proud wholesaler of MillerCoors, Constellation Brands, Lagunitas, Sierra Nevada, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Mike's Hard Lemonade, Boston Beer, Stone, Ballast Point and a variety of high-performing craft beer brands. We succeed by doing what we say, keeping our commitments to each other, our customers and ourselves. We believe in fact-based selling. We believe in personal responsibility, taking responsibility for our actions and aim to support and show appreciation to our colleagues and customers.
Sales Representatives are essential to Central Coast Distributing's success. Each Sales Representative is responsible for advancing and securing beverage sales in the market, performs function to secure new business accounts and facilitates the needs of the existing sales accounts. This is accomplished through territory planning, selling, merchandising and communicating the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
Central Coast Distributing offers a competitive base salary, performance-based commissions, monthly car allowance, mileage reimbursement, employer sponsored health insurance, dental and vision plans , 401k plan with 50% employer match on employee's first 6% of contributions, employer provided cell phone, laptop, iPad and tools for job execution.
- Effectively sell Central Coast Distributing portfolio in all assigned accounts
- Accomplish sales and distribution goals by executing the monthly, quarterly and annual business objectives and company initiatives
- Submit all required reporting, preplans, trackers, surveys, market surveys, expense report, mileage log etc., by required date
- Communicate on a daily basis with all field support personnel concerning work orders, beer rotation, pick-ups, displays, account collections and any account needs by working with Draft Technicians, Drivers, Marketing Department and Accounts Receivable
- Increase net core brand distribution over baseline throughout the year
- Interact respectfully and maintain dialogue with inter-company departments, suppliers and customers
- Support the rotating and merchandising of product
- Complete all required training to improve effectiveness and performance
Reports to On-Premise Manager
External contacts: This position will be working with owners, managers and decision makers at retail accounts. Will occasionally work with supplier representatives.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, day/hours of work may vary and may include weekends but typically are Monday through Friday 8 am - 5 pm. Scheduling is based on all assigned accounts being physically contacted on a weekly basis. Any deviations are with the On-Premise Manager's knowledge and approval. Occasional participation in On-Premise promotions and events is required.
- Computer literate, ability to utilize devices such as iPad, iPhone , laptop computer, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- General knowledge of industry products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships with internal staff and external customers
The position operates in our on-premise accounts , mostly indoors with occasional outdoor work. Meetings and trainings will take place at CCD offices in Santa Maria and occasionally in the trade.
- Lift, carry, push and pull up to 165 lbs ( kegs)
- Use arms, wrists , hands , grasp
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server Certificate required within 30 days of start date
- Minimum two years previous sales experience in beverage industry
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance required
Preferred Education and Expereince
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous grocery, retail or on-premise expereince
Central Coast Distributing is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities the are required of the employee for this job. Duties, repsonsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Physical Work Location
This route will cover retail accounts in Northern San Luis Obispo County including Paso Robles, Atascadero, Templeton, Cambria, San Simeon and Cayucos
Job Type: Full-time