Greater Madison Area Sales & Beer Ambassador
Tyranena Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Sales, Marketing & Service
Covering portions of Wisconsin and Indiana (with focus and residence in the greater Madison area)
The Beer Ambassador will be responsible for sales and distribution of Tyranena brands throughout their given territory. A significant piece of his or her focus is managing the brewery’s key distributor force. We are looking for someone who can “wow” our distributors and retailers with their outstanding work ethic, extensive industry knowledge, passion for great beer and ability to grow Tyranena’s business at the retail and distributor level. The successful candidate will embrace a position that requires at least 25-30% travel.
Major components of this multi-faceted job include:
- Building Distributor Partnerships – Is viewed as an invaluable asset and partner to our network of distributors by providing knowledge, support and tools as well as goal programs and quarterly reviews with an emphasis on accountability. Builds knowledge base of key people at each distributor within their territory and develops constructive relationships with their personnel. Has an understanding of distributor policies on billbacks, reports, scheduling, sales meetings and how distributor sales reps and supervisors are compensated.
- Market & Brand Development – Manages the growth of brands within a defined universe of key accounts. Designs, develops and achieves annual market plans established by researching the needs of the customer (both retail and distributor) and the goals of the brewery. Builds strong relationships with all key accounts (on and off-premise) while pursuing new opportunities and achieves goals specific to those accounts. Should be thoroughly acquainted with every key decision maker or influencer in their account universe.
- Market Knowledge – Understands and stays current on pricing for all Tyranena products in various markets and the general pricing of other top craft beer brands. Develops market profile lists and provides in-depth, detailed reporting and market analysis to enable good decision-making within their account universe.
- Providing an Experience – Performs and orchestrates a variety of events within their territory including beer dinners, festivals, pairings, retail samplings and other promotions to foster brand loyalty and a genuine experience with our products. Organizes distributor and retail training, which utilize the brewery’s facility.
Desired Experience: The successful candidate must have experience in beverage sales as well as with managing, motivating and inspiring a distributor sales force and key retail accounts. He or she must demonstrate an ability to develop, implement and manage sales programs as well as to forecast sales, expenses and revenue. Superior planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills are required.
The ideal candidate should also:
- Be self-motivated, goal-orientated and a sales achiever;
- Possess a high energy level to maintain 40+ hours a week, including frequent nights and weekends;
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate both verbally and through written means;
- Exhibit excellent presentation skills, a strong customer focus and the ability to manage change;
- Communicate effectively one on one as well as in a group;
- Be committed to lifelong learning, an undergraduate degree or equivalent job-related experience is preferred;
- Possess intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office programs;
- Hold a strong understanding of pricing, price promotions and the impact of pricing on volume.
Opportunities: We are offering the right person the opportunity to help develop an annual sales program, participate in the development of our brand and products and to be involved in the advancement of branding, packaging and promotional materials, among other things. This is a hands-on position that is integral to the operation of this company; a perfect opportunity to make a difference and be part of a small, dynamic team.
Salary & Benefits: Compensation is based upon experience and achievement; begins with a base salary plus sales-based commission. The position offers a generous benefits package consisting of health, life, dental, vision and long-term disability insurance, paid vacation, matching IRA and expense allowances, addition to other perks.
Those interested, please forward a cover letter, resume, completed Employment Application with salary requirements to email@example.com. THE EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION CAN BE FOUND ONLINE: https://goo.gl/forms/nT7nDyMHDsewPQbS2