Beer Traffic Controller
Pelican Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Our primary goal at Pelican Brewing is unsurpassed customer service & engagement. We strive every day to have the freshest product, in the quantity ordered to the every customer precisely when they want it. All of our brewing operations are demand driven, and the Beer Traffic Controller (BTC) is a huge part of coordinating our success.
The Beer Traffic Controller (BTC) is an engaged member of the team deeply-embedded in the business operations at the brewery. As the primary person facing our wholesale customers, the BTC will work to understand every factor influencing end-user consumption. The BTC processes information and works with the Director of Planning & Logistics, Head Brewer & Packaging Manager to fine tune daily production goals to best address purchase orders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The BTC drives critical functions of the dynamic supply chain management system at Pelican Brewing Company, coordinating supply chain functions including procurement, scheduling, order fulfillment, logistics, inventory management and new product introduction.
- Leads our order management program to include order capture, order entry into business software/ERP and adjustment of orders based on product availability and/or wholesaler inventory.
Manages all new item introductions with our many wholesaler customers as well as keeping our pub/restaurant teams up to speed on all of our new and exciting beer.
- Primary liaison between customer demand to supply and production; You will know exactly how to bring order to chaos and ensure all production matches demand.
Exemplary candidates will possess process knowledge, organizational excellence, and will be actively communicating with all critical departments.
- Supports the Sales Team in the form of beer availability updates, sending marketing items, working with wholesalers to get specialty beer added to orders
- Collaborates with teammates to with purchase orders for materials and supplies, fleet management, determining trucking schedule based on customer orders, etc.
- Coordinate JIT operations of material transfer from multiple facilities and pub breweries.
- Keeps an eye on internal processes and effectively communicates with internal and external customers. You’ll need to know what is going well and any issues or problems that need to be solved.
- Shows off passion and knowledge about craft beer and will have fun participating in industry events such as tastings and new releases.
Success equates to building strong relationships and taking care of each customer (internal & external) in the supply chain.
- Professional growth opportunities are plentiful. Professional events, seminars, industry best practices, and continuing education are all available.
Talents and experience you will leverage:
- Excellent constructive oral, analytical, & written communication skills.
- Positive personal attitude & a sense of enjoyment in customer & inter-departmental engagement.
- Understanding of breweries & brewing process a big plus.
- Understanding of supply chain management and manufacturing operations coupled with at least three years related experience in customer service, sales support, order management and procurement experience
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office with a focus on Outlook and Excel.
- Experience with business software/ERP a plus
- Strong problem solving skills- Independent, reliable, and self-motivated with a solid work ethic
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and communication skills.
- Flexibility & a willingness to do what is required to get the job done.
Dependent on qualifications.
Pelican Brewing Company offers competitive wages, great benefits, 401k, and other perks only found at the beautiful Oregon Coast.