New Jersey Sales Representative
Ship Bottom Brewery
Apply for this Job
The candidate’s mission is to manage the sales of Ship Bottom Brewery brands within a specific territory agreed upon with Upper Management. Including the business development of each account including market specific work targeted in increased sale and distribution in the territory. Gain an intimate and working knowledge of each account. Have an open relationship with all members of management and brewery team. Represent Ship Bottom Brewery in the New Jersey Sales Territory as the first point of contact from the brewery. This position involves a considerable amount of time in the field visiting accounts, educating and building existing and new relationships to forge strong partnerships. The Sales Representative will also organize and represent the company at events and festivals. This position reports directly to the President while maintaining an open working relationship with all levels of the Ship Bottom Brewery Team. Workdays and hours will vary between weekdays, weekends, days and nights.
Work with each account on a weekly basis to take new orders and setup a delivery schedule
Upsell current & new customers on promotional and new brands
- Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of products
- Identify accounts that are not currently carrying the brand’s products and successfully execute opening new accounts to increase market presence
- Review account placements and sales across distribution footprint and compare performance goals
- Plan and execute educational seminars, product trainings, account calls, on-premise promotions, tap takeovers, beer dinners, tastings, to promote the brand and products; develop, implement, and evaluate brand-building projects
- Increase the number of product lines in retail accounts (bars/restaurants, liquor/grocery stores)
Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key on and off-premise
- Work with direction from Upper Management to achieve sales goals for revenue and volume growth while operating effectively within company and budgetary guidelines
Manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner; track and monitor progress in all identified accounts
Manage invoice requests and submit prior to 10 PM the night before deliveries
Manage all Accounts Receivable and collection of payments over 30 days
Research and gather information on beer festivals and review with Upper Management to determine which beer festivals to participate in.
Coordinate Beer Festival sign up, beer orders, work and manage beer festivals
Clean tap box and beer lines at the end of each event/festival
Develop a promotional calendar geared towards building sales
Develop and promote events using social media
Develop key customers in each territory and attain a strong
relationship to gain sales and distribution.
Plan and execute promotion events with key bar/retailers that may occur any
day of the week.
Keep a Daily planner of goals and account calls within each
Share contact database with Upper Management
Presell seasonal/limited brand sales and track results.
- Work within and utilize all sales-related software (i.e. QuickBooks, LilyPad, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Coordinate Deliveries with the Delivery team including the ability to deliver if needed.
Completely understand and embrace the Ship Bottom Brewery brands and culture and
deliver our mission to our customers.
- Must have a proven track record of Craft Beer Sales
- Ability to lift 170 pounds
- Valid Driver's License
- Must have Clean Criminal Record