Quality Control/Assurance Manager
Dorchester Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
DORCHESTER BREWING CO. is a Boston-based startup craft beer brewery and unique 2,000 square foot tap room dedicated to providing full service contract/partner brewing services with flexible packaging options, marketing support and warehousing to regional small and medium craft beer breweries. Our one-of-a-kind tap room also serves the craft beers made on-site and offers varying food options through partnerships with local Boston food trucks and businesses. If you love beer, breweries, and people and want to work in a fun fast-paced environment with people that you’ll probably want to hang and have a beer with, we want to hear from you.
The Lab Manager is responsible for all aspects of quality throughout the brewery. Candidate must be able to have strong communication skills and effectively work alongside the head brewer and teammates to identify areas of continued improvement. If any beer specifications are not met, it is the responsibility of the Quality Manager to work with all departments to identify points in the process where improvements can be made.RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- All microbiological testing around the brewery. This includes environmental swabbing, wort stability testing, aseptic samples from fermenters, and packaged beer plating.
- Prepare media weekly (or with assistance from a part time person)
- Oversee the operation of the brewhouse, cellar and packaging line to ensure adherence to SOPs
- Standard methods of assay such as IBU, color, etc.. with a spectrophotometer
- TPO on every packaging run
- Maintenance of all equipment related to quality – pH meter, C-DGM, spectrophotometer, laminar flow hood
- Ordering related supplies/consumables
- Manage beer library and conduct weekly taste panels
- Proactively order yeast necessary to meet production schedule
- Conduct cell counts on every batch that is brewed to ensure fermentations meet specification
- The QC/QA Manager should have a strong background in food science, biochemistry and brewing science.
- This is not an entry level job. 2+ years experience.
- Commensurate with experience
- 50% contribution by DBCo. to health insurance
- Great vacation policy
DBCo. is committed to creating economic development opportunities to residents of Dorchester, Roxbury, and Mattapan and will work hard to hire a diverse and representative staff from these communities. We highly encourage Dorchester / Boston residents to apply.
Send your resume to email@example.com today to apply or visit www.dorchesterbrewing.com