Field Sales Representative
Florida Beer Co
Apply for this Job
Florida Beer Company is seeking qualified and enthusiastic Field Sales Representatives in the Cocoa Beach, Tampa and Miami areas of Florida. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of beer styles, trends and a passion for beer.
The incumbent will deliver measurable KPI achievement for assigned retail accounts, select chain account execution, local sampling/promotional events, and special event logistics. Manage performance via VIP, IRI, and with Karma Notes.
IN MARKET EXECUTION:
- Sell-in and manage the beer portfolio of the Florida Beer Company (FBC) to the specific assigned retail account base. The account base will be a combination of off and on-premise accounts that align with FBC’s primary brand demographic profile.
- Achieve account targets as directed by the immediate supervisor. Targets will include; maintain existing points of distribution, increasing distribution (package and draft), enhance account merchandising, promotional activation, display execution, sampling activation, and adhering to product quality standards.
- Develop strong relationships with all key retail account buyers as well as distributor sales staff that shares the account responsibilities.
- Maintain account profiles and call logs as directed by immediate supervisor.
- Average week in the retail trade is 4.5 days selling and promoting FBC’s portfolio. Administrative tasks should be .5 days. Weekend work is expected to assist with special events and promotions as needed.
- Crew drive participation will also take place in or out of market to enhance FBC’s portfolio across geographies.
- Ensure all appropriate Florida Beer Company’s brands point of sale is implemented in designated accounts to increase brand velocity and visibility of brands.
- Ensure staff training on new placements; motivate staffs to increase sales of existing products and to execute plans in-line with strategies.
- Organize and supervise execution of consumer tastings, brand promotions and events with distributor’s sales force.
- Recap and review all necessary account follow up with distributor sales rep and manager weekly to ensure all actions are achieved.
- Sell and promote FBC brand packages in assigned retail account base to increase brand awareness, exposure, retail marketing, sales, and revenue. Increased activity in specific account base will translate into incremental activity throughout marketplace for the FBC brands.
- Develop constructive and positive relationships with assigned retail accounts and distributor personnel to build brand ambassadors at both levels.
- Work closely with immediate supervisor to create, achieve, and evaluate KPI performance.
- Work closely with distributor sales representatives to enhance selling efforts, communication, and execution.
- Attend staff meetings and conference calls as needed. Embrace sales team concept and share constructive selling platforms as well as working together to improve FBC’s retail direction.
- Manage established budget for designated area that delivers a fair return on the investment. All account spending must conform to local, state, and federal laws.
- All reimbursable expenses must align with FBC’s guidelines and within budget parameters. Submit expense reports every two weeks and align with the start and end of the fiscal month.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education: College undergraduate degree preferred
- Languages: English (Spanish a plus)
- Experience and Skills: 2+ years sales experience with a supplier and/or distributor in the Beverage Industry
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server preferred
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Have reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 75 lb.
- Flexible hours
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, and VIP
- Ability to prepare and deliver concise and informative reports.
- Effective communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Displays efficient Time Management skills.
- Strong Planning and Organizational Skills
- Self Motivated
- Effectively prioritize matters and manage your time with great efficiency
- Ability to think out of the box and come with solutions
- Above average computer skills (email, google docs, Microsoft suites, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Sense to know what is going on within the assigned territory and how to adapt to it.
**INCLUDE WHICH SALES MARKET YOU ARE APPLYING TO**
**** (Must reside within the sales area, and be willing to travel within the region.) ****