Saint Archer Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Cellar Technicians are responsible for all aspects of cellar work, from yeast management to final conditioning, as specified by Saint Archer Brewing Co.’s Standard Operating Procedures.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Maintain an orderly and safe work environment in department as well as entire facility
• Startup and shutdown of facility processes
• Monitoring of quality parameters and working to resolve issues promptly.
• Accurate daily record keeping and sampling of process and product.
• Make adjustments to equipment to compensate for variations in materials
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment
• Participate in taste panel work as directed
• Take direction from Cellar Manager
• Attend and participate constructively in Cellar meetings
• Contributing to positive work environment through open and constructive dialog.
• Contribute and be receptive to continual innovation and improvements
• Communicate issues and concerns as they arise with staff and management
- 1-2 years of job-specific experience or an equivalent level of education and experience
- Advanced knowledge of fermentation and cellar principles
- Knowledge of brewing process
- Strong record keeping skills, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Perform data entry and work with computers using Office software and industry specific inventory and tracking software
- Conduct routine maintenance on process equipment
- Communicate any issues regarding: mechanical operations, wort/beer quality, and safety to a supervisor
- Assist in other areas of the brewery as needed
- Occasionally assist in Saint Archer Brewing Co. events as a brewery representative in a professional and responsible manner
- Ability to follow verbal direction and standard operating procedures
- Lifting heavy materials (up to 55 lbs.)
- Standing for long periods of time (up to 8-12 hours per day)
- Constantly ducking under and around equipment
- Climbing ladders
- Manipulating tri-clover clamps, gaskets and valves properly
- Routine pushing, pulling, reaching, stooping, climbing, bending
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and noisy environments
- A valid ID and a clean driving record
Applicant must have:
• Good mechanical skills
• A full understanding of cleaning and sanitation procedures
• Must be able to work varying hours depending upon production schedule
• A positive attitude in a demanding repetitive production environment
• Strong orientation towards quality control and safety
• Ability to multitask and adjust to changing priorities while focusing on detail
• Good time management skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Standing on feet all day.
• Ability to lift 55 lbs.
• Heavy physical work (bending, kneeling, climbing into tanks, pulling hoses, etc.)
• Will work continuously on wet floors and with wet equipment
• Will work in loud to moderate continuous noise in work area
• Will work with strong and often times hazardous chemicals