Aspen Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Junior Controller, Aspen Brewing Company
Aspen Brewing Company (ABC) was founded in 2008 in Aspen, Colorado with one simple goal: make world class beer, ‘Downstream from Nobody’. Our portfolio includes National and International award-winning products such as our Independence Pass Ale, This Season’s Blonde Ale, Cloud 9 Saison, Ajax Pilsner and our Silver City Ale, have become consumer and beer judge favorites across the globe.
We’re looking for a top-notch accountant to lead the accounting and finance function. We are looking for great people who are not only obsessed with craft beer but love building great local Colorado companies.
The ideal candidate will enjoy and see the craft in craft beer, have experience in the food and/or beverage manufacturing industry, and be extremely self-driven and able to work independently. She/he must have the ability and track record of working very well with a local and remote team. She/he will also have substantial experience working within a corporate environment supporting an executive team and a CEO, and hopefully, small manufacturing company experience.
If your skills, experience, and career aspirations match the opportunity described below, we look forward to meeting you!
Junior Controller – Aspen or Denver, CO
We are recruiting a controller/accounting resource based in the Aspen or Denver area. The accounting resource position is an integral role at ABC, with the following core responsibilities:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, Human Resources, and Operations etc.
- Develop, improve and issue timely monthly financial records for CEO, as requested
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals, building models with the CEO
- Support department heads in various accounting and inventory needs, budget development and management, relevant planning by company and department
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, etc. when necessary
- Work closely with CEO in the development and economic evaluation of various fringe benefit programs for staff and program components
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies
- Provide a visionary and leadership implementation role on behalf of Finance and Human Resources to all departments, creating a well-respected and sought after department goal
- Understand accounting rules and best practices for LLC’s and work in a GAAP disciplined environment. Understand balance sheet management in an equity structured company
- Support CEO in capital fund raising activity and all accounting required
- Other duties as necessary
Education and Experience: Bachelor Degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; Master’s preferred; five or more related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPA license is preferred but not required.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Demonstrated ability to assess, develop, enhance and implement accounting policies and procedures across a complex organization. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints. Effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or board of directors.
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts for all bookkeeping, payroll, budgets, statistical analysis and probability statements.
- Be based in the Front Range or Aspen Colorado area
- Have a strong work ethic and self-starting attitude
- Driven to win DNA
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills and team spirit
- Have excellent organization and communication skills
- Have a desire to work in a fast-paced, growing company
How to apply: