Upper Northwest Regional Manager
Ninkasi Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Primary Work Location: Washington, Northern Idaho, and Alaska
Supervisor: National Sales Director
The Upper Northwest Regional Manager is responsible for the development and performance of all sales activities in Washington, Alaska, Northern Idaho and other areas.
Develops, staff and directs a Market Manager team and provides leadership towards the achievement of maximum profitability and growth in line with company vision and values. Establishes plans and strategies to expand the customer base in the marketing area and contributes to the development of training and educational programs for clients and Market Managers.
All members of the Ninkasi community are expected to positively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement through intentional focus on the following objectives:
- Safest Workplace
- Everyone leaves work as good or better when they arrived.
- Zero Waste
- Relentlessly eliminating waste positively impacts our customers, our environment and ourselves.
- Best Customer Experience
- Our efforts transfer the maximum value to our customers.
At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- One team
- Quality output in everything we do.
- Creative pursuit of mastery.
- Integrity in our actions.
- Successful integration of work and life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and manage a team of Market Managers. This includes, but is not limited to, hiring, performance management, coaching and development, and general leadership and guidance.
- Work with Market Managers to develop weekly, monthly, and quarterly action plans for effective development of sales leads and prospects.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with all Market Managers to build more effective communications, understand training and development needs, and provide insight for the improvement of their sales and activity performance.
- Evaluate and recommend changes to team structure to National Sales Director in response to demands and opportunities.
- Ensure Market Managers utilize sales tools to meet on and off premise market needs. Maintain accurate records of all pricings, sales, and activity reports submitted by Market Managers.
Annual Business Planning and Strategy Execution:
- Work with distributor partners in the region to develop, negotiate, and track annual business plans and sales strategies that ensure attainment of company sales goals and market penetration.
- Establish and manage consistent communication with distributor partners; provide input and timely updates to maximize execution of plans and strategies.
- Coordinate with Market Managers to support successful execution of annual business plans.
- Ensure appropriate Ninkasi stakeholders (including senior leadership, supply chain team, key accounts and marketing support) are proactively informed of activity and needs with adequate lead time to support successful execution. Monitor and communicate any relevant competitive activity.
- Control expenses to meet budget guidelines.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: 4-year degree in Business or a related field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience: 5-10 years demonstrated success in a similar or related field.
- Required skills: Proficiency in MS Office Suite and other CRM systems.
- The region includes Washington, Northern Idaho, and Alaska. Qualified candidates will reside in a major metropolitan area within, and be able and willing to travel regularly throughout, the region.
- Access to reliable transportation (i.e. car, van or truck) is essential. Qualified candidates must also have valid driver’s license and appropriate levels of insurance coverage.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to move kegs which weigh close to 165 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Employee will most likely spend ample time in a vehicle, their home office, and visiting accounts. The noise levels will vary based on location. This position will also require flexible hours which will sometimes include nights and weekends in a bar or event atmosphere.
- Travel is required for this position and will vary based on business needs.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.