National Key Accounts: Grocery/Large Format
Ninkasi Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Primary Work Location: Varies
Supervisor: National Key Accounts Manager
Leads and coordinates functions to create growth and profitability within Ninkasi’s sales footprint. Achieves objectives through development of plans, analysis, and relationships with key retailers and assisting key chain grocery and large format accounts in identifying and executing their top priorities for the craft beer category.
All members of the Ninkasi community are expected to positively contribute to our culture of continuous improvement through intentional focus on the following objectives:
- Safest Workplace
- Everyone leaves work as good as or better than when they arrived.
- Zero Waste
- Relentlessly eliminating waste positively impacts our customers, our environment and ourselves.
- Best Customer Experience
- Our efforts transfer the maximum value to our customers.
At Ninkasi, we take our core values very seriously. All team members are expected to embrace and embody these values each and every day:
- One team.
- Quality output in everything we do.
- Creative pursuit of mastery.
- Integrity in our actions.
- Successful integration of work and life.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and support key account relationships with focus on grocery and large format chains, via core brand distribution, ad activity, and promotional penetration.
- Manage and execute Ninkasi’s pricing strategies, improving share of visibility for brands (i.e. merchandising), and permanent point-of-sale (POS) through retail execution.
- Increase wholesaler focus on Ninkasi beers and work with distributors to increase awareness of the craft beer segment.
- Provide distributor partners with input and timely updates to maximize execution in chain accounts.
- Communicate and coordinate execution of Ninkasi Key Account activities with appropriate people on the Ninkasi sales team and at affected distributor partners.
- Monitor and communicate any relevant competitive activity.
- Keep clear records and provide reporting on job activity/performance as needed. This includes, but is not limited to, a weekly report on sales activities, monthly planners, and monthly expense account report.
- Responsible for timely response (within one business day) on all company and customer communications.
- Remain knowledgeable on competitive products, promotional matters, sales techniques, pricing and marketing policies. Inform management of competitive activity and conditions that would affect company interests.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- Experience: 2-5 years of demonstrated success in a similar or related role.
- The brewery is located in Eugene, Oregon. Ideal candidates will reside within, and be able and willing to travel regularly throughout, the distribution area.
- Access to reliable transportation (i.e. car, van or truck) is essential. Employee must also have valid driver’s license and appropriate levels of insurance coverage.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and be able to safely move kegs which weigh roughly 165 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may he made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The work environment will vary for this position given the nature of the job duties. Employee will most likely spend ample time in a car, their home office, and visiting accounts. The noise levels will vary based on location. This position will also require flexible hours which will sometimes include nights and weekends in a bar or event atmosphere.
Please Note: This Job Description is neither definitive nor restrictive and may be modified to meet changing needs.