Brewery Sales Rep
Pretoria Fields Collective
Apply for this Job
Job Description:The Brewery Representative (“Brewery Rep”)
sells Pretoria Fields’s products by interacting with established
customers and developing new market growth. The position is responsible
for ensuring that sales goals are met by strategically increasing sales
volume through sustainable growth. This position involves a considerable
amount of time in the field visiting accounts, educating and building
existing and new relationships in order to forge strong partnerships.
The Brewery Rep will also organize and represent the company at events
and festivals. The Brewery Rep reports to the Sales Director.
This is a full-time exempt position for the purposes of federal wage-law and will not be eligible for overtime pay for hours actually worked in excess of 40 in a given workweek. Workdays and hours will vary between weekdays, weekends, days and nights.
- Learn and embody the Pretoria Fields culture, company history, products, portfolio, policies and short- and long-term vision
- Observe all state and federal laws pertaining to the sale, merchandising and promotion of products
- Work with direction from Sales and Marketing Director to achieve sales goals for revenue and volume growth while operating effectively within company and budgetary guidelines
- Manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner; track and monitor progress in all identified accounts; compile and submit sales reports as required
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key on- and off-premise accounts throughout the statewide distribution network
- Increase the number of product lines in retail accounts (bars/restaurants, liquor/grocery stores)
- Identify accounts that are not currently carrying the brand’s products and successfully execute opening new accounts to increase market presence
- Ensure proper product allocation for distributor, based on inventory and production levels
- Review distributor account placements and sales across distribution footprint and compare performance goals
- Conduct Sales Meeting presentations for distribution sales staff; work with distributor to motivate sales force to achieve sales objectives, and increase package distribution and draft presence in each market
- Assist distributor partners in promoting sales of the products and building consumer acceptance of the products; provide sales literature, technical assistance and sales training as needed
- Plan and execute regular account/market visits and ride-alongs with distributor partner’s sales reps
- Implement sales and marketing programs for the entire portfolio ensuring proper merchandizing and point-of-sales materials for all accounts
- Plan and execute educational seminars, product trainings, account calls, on-premise promotions, beer dinners tastings, festivals to promote the brand and products; develop, implement, and evaluate brand-building projects
- Work within and utilize all sales-related software (i.e. VIP, Encompass, Ekos, etc.) regularly as required
- Be familiar with draft system dynamics and have the ability to troubleshoot when necessary
- Coordination with graphic design team to promote the Pretoria Fields brand to accounts and customers while requesting the creation of posters and marketing material in order to support the marketing efforts for key accounts as requested by account or as needed to promote the brand.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Requirements:Required Education and Experience
- Two or more years of sales experience in the beverage industry required, brewery or wholesaler experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or psychology preferred
- Excellent communication skills in primary language, including written, verbal, and non-verbal
- Strong working knowledge of computers including Internet, Microsoft Office, sales and inventory software and social media; must be comfortable working with emerging technologies; experience with Ekos and Encompass is a plus.
- Ability to positively represent the organization to distributors, the public, customers, and the media
- Strong negotiation skills
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and be capable of driving long distances
- Love and passion for craft beer is a must!
We employ people who continuously work hard and in doing so, have an immediate impact and figurative voice in our brewery. We encourage everyone at Pretoria Fields to be motivated and to grow alongside our company. Every employee is an extremely important part of the PF team and its future.
Pretoria Fields is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive salary, paid time off, and BEER! The salary and commisions for this position will be based on experience.