National Sales Manager
Bear Republic Brewing Company
Apply for Job
Position Summary: This position will drive double-digit sales growth in current markets via strengthening Bear Republic's sales force, distributor management, and chain sales direction. Launch new markets to establish Bear Republic as a top craft brand and ensure continued momentum after launch. Establish sales forecasts, plans, and budgets and work closely with Operations, Marketing, and Finance to deliver market projections and objectives.
Essential Function and Responsibilities:
- Be an avid Bear Republic ambassador, embodying the mission, vision and values at all times
- Work closely with our CEO and production team to develop an annual sales forecast.
- Develop and execute a multi-channel national strategy
- Develop volume forecasts and communicate with chain buyers, distributors, and Bear Republic Production in an effort to facilitate continuity of supply
- Execute an effective sales and distribution plan that will maximize revenue and increase sales.
- Build and execute monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Oversee and manage our wholesaler network.
- Sets Annual Business Plan (ABP’s) and holds distributors accountable for goals and forecasts through monthly reviews.
- Implements and monitors sales support systems like VIP/Karma throughout the sales network
- Develop proposals and programs for current and prospective customers to secure new distribution and grow sales
- Support distributors in securing new business, providing sales training to distributors
- Partner with respective marketing team members to develop and execute marketing activities
- Hire, train, manage, and develop sales representatives
- Manage our sales force to ensure we are consistently increasing sales with existing customers as well as increasing our current customer base.
- Keep abreast of current market trends. Communicate information and recommendations to senior management that will help develop our brand, grow sales and increase distribution.
- Lead weekly sales meetings to review sales data, inventory, trends, and production.
- Represent company at trade association and guild meetings to promote company.
- Approve budget expenditures related to sales and growth efforts.
- Ensures consistency with all wholesale marketing initiatives throughout the country as well as consistency with overall brand.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field
- 5+ years craft beer sales experience, preferably with two or more years of managing a sales team
- 2+ years’ experience calling on national/regional chain accounts
- Knowledge of distributor operations
- Ability to analyze large volume of sales data from a variety of sources to develop robust sales strategy
- Ability to interface with various levels of management
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time as needed
- Valid driver's license with active auto insurance, and a clean DMV record is required.
- Self-motivation and ability to work with limited amount of direction; ability to work both independently and within a team to accomplish goals
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills; ability to speak in front of large groups, conduct trainings/promotions
- Strong work ethic; demonstrated ability to plan and manage multiple responsibilities
- Full knowledge of company policies, products, packaging and pricing.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs. and move 150 lb. kegs.