Bear Republic Brewing Company
Apply for Job
The Marketing Director is responsible for overseeing the development of all branding, marketing programming, communication strategies, marketing plans and budgets, and also working collaboratively with other departments to develop new beers, promotional strategies and other part of the marketing plan. Duties include leading and managing the Marketing Department and team, building the company’s brands with the consumer and trade by directing the various marketing functions including, but not limited to: brand and creative strategy, events, sponsorship, public relations, point of sale, consumer promotions, advertising, graphic design, packaging, new product development, interactive, research etc., to meet company objectives. The Marketing Director is also charged with exciting the Sales organization about our brands and marketing initiatives and arming Sales with the appropriate information and tools to help them do their jobs better.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organizing, building and leading a marketing team and resource capabilities to service the marketing needs of the company. This includes developing and growing its team members and supervising all work by the team and external resources.
- Coordinate the various Marketing functions including, but not limited to, consumer/market research, graphic design, packaging, new product development, events, sponsorship, donations, publicity, public relations, point of sale, consumer promotions, strategic tie-ins, advertising, interactive, communications, etc.
- Develop and manage the department’s budget according to company strategy and good accounting practices.
- Lead the brand positioning and creative development process to help drive the company towards profitability through more powerful, compelling brands. Guide the strategic development of the brands in all channels serviced by the company’s distribution system.
- Lead the department in the development of strategic, operating and tactical plans to achieve company/brand objectives. Monitor competitive activity, assess consumer trends, and otherwise follow the marketplace to identify opportunities to grow and develop the brands or take corrective action.
- Create and maintain consistent brand standards for all brands.
- Select, lead and manage all marketing and communications agencies and resources.
- Direct all packaging design and advertising development.
- Collaborate with Sales in the development of marketing plan activities. Then communicate marketing objectives and plans to the Sales organization and the company and monitor results/progress.
- Stay current on all consumer and company business trends and conduct regular market - consumer research and competitive tracking providing insight and recommended action based on analysis.
- Provide the Brewpubs divisions sales and marketing support materials necessary to position our brands appropriately with distributors, retailers, consumers and staff.
- Coordinate the activities of Marketing with those of other departments to insure cost effective support is being provided. Solicit input from operational groups to ensure that appropriate tools are developed and distributed with adequate lead time so the expected level of execution can be obtained.
- Actively participate in the development of a customer focused and performance driven culture by role modeling the desired behavior.
- Solid experience:
- 6+ years’ experience in marketing, with at least 3 years in a management position leading a group of 3 or more people. Industry experience or experience in consumer-packaged goods required.
- College education required, marketing related education preferred.
- A good leader:
- Able to lead and develop a cohesive team and while building the skills and capabilities of the individuals on the team.
- Able to represent company in a professional manner at both work-related and non-work- related functions.
- Effective problem-solving and strong organizational/time management skills.
- A good marketer:
- Expert in marketing and brand management fundamentals.
- Able to be “dual sided” - analytical yet creative.
- Strategic thinker
- A good communicator and good interpersonally:
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Able to interact effectively interpersonally and externally with Sales, media, customers, distributors and consumers.
- Demonstrated successful experience working with others and internal/external customers. Ability to work cooperatively and cross functionally in a team environment
- A good negotiator:
- Able to negotiate contracts that generate “added-value”, in the company’s best interest, to maximize company’s marketing dollars.