Director of Sales
Hangar 24 Craft Brewery
Apply for this Job
The primary responsibility of the Director of Sales is to lead and manage the sales team. This involves calibrating an optimal sales team structure, planning and executing strategies and tactics, target setting, developing and enhancing distributor relationships and results, determining demand for products offered by the company, competitive analysis, implementing programs designed to be successful at retail and while connecting with consumers. The Director of Sales will work daily with the CEO and other department heads.
- Formulate sales and marketing strategies.
- Advise the CEO on key decisions.
- Lead, manage and communicate priorities with the sales team.
- Oversee territory sales forecasts, budgets and key performance indicators.
- Visit and collaborate with distributors to stimulate interest in establishment of programs.
- Represent company at trade association and guild meetings to promote company and products.
- Confer and consult with other department heads.
Sales Operations and Finance
- Manage and oversee sales staff.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates that are aligned to financial targets.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Direct and coordinate activities involving sales of products.
- Ensure distributor market spends are being exhausted per contracts.
- Contract negotiation with new distributor partners and vendors.
- Provide oversight and leadership to regional managers, sales staff and their daily activities.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations.
- Provide customer and wholesaler outreach and education opportunities.
- Comply with local, county, state, and federal government requirements.
- Provide data for key performance indicators
- Wholesalers in sales territory
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a proven sales leader with in-depth industry experience, strong knowledge of marketing and a true passion for craft beverages. The sales director must have a Bachelor's degree in business administration, or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience. Senior leadership experience managing a sales territory and team is required. A Beverage Business Management certification and a Cicerone Certification are preferred, but may be obtained during first year of employment.
Work is primarily performed in an office or similar type environment as well as within the sales territory. Travel to meet with wholesalers, vendors and to conferences as needed. Frequent weekend and evening work is expected. May be exposed to temperature changes, wet or humid conditions, noise, vibrations, and other brew production related hazards when in the brew production and storage areas.
This position requires the following pre-employment testing:Criminal Background Check
Professional Reference Check
Hangar 24 provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Hangar 24 complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Hangar 24 expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.