Sacramento-Area Sales Representative
Apply for this Job
Greene & Hemly have been in the Northern California fruit industry for nearly 200 years as a world-class leader in fresh fruit farming specializing in pears, apples, kiwi and jalapeno chili production. This expertise and passion for pears has resulted in the formation of the Hemly Cider Company, established in 2016.
Sarah Hemly, the Company’s President and Cider Master teamed with Chris Thompson, a Tasmanian Scotch Whisky distiller to produce a truly unique estate-grown, 100% fresh pressed, pear cider that has been gaining sales traction in Northern California. This success has led to the need for an experienced beverage sales person who must be located within the Sacramento, California marketplace.
We are looking for a Full Time, energetic, outgoing, passionate and ambitious Sales Representative that possesses dynamic sales and strong organizational skills to join our growing team.
- Manage and grow the business in the greater Sacramento territory
- Execute and achieve On and Off Premise sales objectives as set forth by the VP of Marketing & Sales
- Ensure account and customer satisfaction through daily face-to-face service and ongoing communication. We strongly believe in physically seeing our accounts!
- Maintain, develop and grow long term relationships with existing accounts while adding new distribution and increasing account base by opening new accounts via the development of a target account list
- Conduct On and Off Premise staff training/tastings
- Support On and Off Premise accounts with in-store consumer tastings including some nights and weekends
- “Ambassador-rize” distributor sales reps on Hemly Cider’s “Key Differentiating Advantages” and participate in route rides and crew/appointment drives
- Plan and lead regular distributor sales meetings and presentations including general sales meetings & regional breakout sessions
- Attend and work (pour) at Hemly Cider weekend special events
- Submit weekly account follow up report detailing highlights of the entire week’s account activities, objections, sales and follow ups to the VP of Marketing & Sales
- Bachelor's degree (preferred)
- MUST have at least 2-4 years of field sales experience preferably within the craft cider or beer industry. Spirits and wine experience a plus.
- Demonstrated success in relevant prior work experience
- Available to work some nights and weekends and at times more than 40 hours a week
- Must currently reside in Sacramento Area
- Previous experience managing key accounts
- Self-starter that enjoys working independently, but also is a skillful collaborator and team player
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must have a strong communication ethic in getting back to customers, suppliers and internal company personnel
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Demonstrable negotiation and persuasion skills
- Strong communication, written and listening skills
- Articulate in the English language, both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable with nontraditional work schedule – some nights and weekends
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks with reasonable time management
- Ability to analyze sales data (experience with VIP - iDIG preferred)
- Understanding of the Off and On premise buyer mindset and three-tier distribution model
- Ability to develop and execute wholesaler sales plans
- Selected candidate must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background and driver’s license check
- Must have a reliable, registered and insured vehicle as well as a valid driver’s license (driving record must be clear of any major violations for a period of at least 3 years).
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Interest in joining an entrepreneurial, small company with Sales Management growth potential
- Competitive salary based on experience plus annual bonus after first full year of employment
- Auto and phone allowance
- Medical and Dental company benefits
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Expense budget
- Able to lift, push and/or pull 30 lbs.