Apply for Job
About The Bruery
The Bruery is an award-winning craft brewery established in northern Orange County. We specialize in Belgian-style, experimental, innovative beers, which we distribute in 29 states, 5 continents, and sell directly to customers through our two Tasting Rooms and three membership Societies. The Bruery is one of three Famille Rue brands which include The Bruery, est. 2008; sour & wild Bruery Terreux, est. 2015; and hop-focused Offshoot Beer Co., est. 2017.
About the Role
The Events Planner is responsible for coordinating and implementing marketing activities and events that support the engagement, satisfaction and retention objectives for our members and business. This includes coordinating events for Society members - both at our facilities and offsite supporting marketing efforts associated with our Society beer clubs, retail locations, fan engagement and ecommerce business. The Events Planner will be accountable for all tasks related to planning, execution, event legalities, logistics and pre /post event analysis.
Essential Duties (include but not limited to the following):
- Responsible for ideation and implementation of Society member focused event calendar in alignment with business objectives
- Procure necessary event permits and permissions, develop event production timelines, coordinate asset development and ordering, and evaluate and select vendors and event support resources in alignment with event guidelines and budget
- Lead the onsite event coordination, staff scheduling and implementation of Society events, including nights and weekends, as appropriate, communicating directly with key stakeholders, vendors and attendees
- Drive event marketing through social media and visual brand experience via banners, POS, pop-up, etc
- Manage a budget, plan costs and events accordingly
- Maintain a working knowledge of Bruery brands as well as Bruery’s culture and full product line
- Conduct post-event surveys and evaluations to determine improvement opportunities and return on investment
- Responsible for proper maintenance, cleaning and care of event equipment including jockey boxes, tents, backdrops, POS, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure safety of guests and staff
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-4 years large, complex event coordination experience
- In-depth understanding of craft beer drinker and culture
- Advanced public speaking and communication skills
- Willing to work nights and weekends as required
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Organized, with an ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Perform monthly inventory of all event equipment
- Basic computer skills including working with spreadsheets
- Able to work standing and on your feet for long periods of time (up to 12 hours)
- Able to lift up to 55 pounds
- Able to troubleshoot beer pouring and draft systems
- Knowledge of our products and beer making processes preferred
- Must have or be able to obtain Cicerone Certified Beer Server certificate
- Must obtain LEAD training certificate for state of CA within 90 days of hire
- Clean driving record
We offer competitive benefits coverage, 401k with matching, generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and plenty of free quality craft beer!
The Bruery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.