Taproom and Retail Manager
Lawson's Finest Liquids
Apply for Job
Lawson's Finest Liquids' mission statement reads in part, 'to provide beers of the highest quality and freshness.' We are also committed to providing our customers with memorable experiences. We are seeking the right person to assist us in keeping this a reality. Lawson's Finest is seeking a highly talented individual to manage our new Waitsfield, VT Taproom & Retail operations. This position plays a key role in developing an exemplary service culture and a place where employees love to come to work. This position reports directly to the Operations Director and will supervise the Assistant Manager and a minimum of 10 employees.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a passion for and a keen sense of the craft beer industry, its fan culture and their expectations
- Has supervisory experience in the hospitality industry and employs strong leadership skills
- Is a strategic thinker and is proactive in identifying issues and solving challenges
- Is extremely organized, detail oriented, and has strong follow through with tasks
- Displays solid time management, discerning prioritization skills, and is self-motivated
- Possesses excellent communication skills, is honest, and hard-working
- Oversight of Taproom & Retail operations in conjunction with the Assistant Manager
- Execute staffing plan with cross utilization of Taproom & Retail employees
- Recruit, train, and retain the best employees. Coach, support, recognize, reward, and maintain continuous communication with all Taproom & Retail staff
- Collaborate with Operations Director to identify new merchandise items and manage the ordering & inventory process
- Ensure that opening and closing procedures are being completed daily
- Monitor inventory and order all necessary tap room and kitchen supplies/food in a timely manner
- Arrange for maintenance and repair of equipment and other services as needed
- Set and maintain standards for food service presentation
- Monitor food preparation and food handling to ensure staff are following general food handling safety practices.
- Support Operations Director in the creation and maintenance of written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for all aspects of the Taproom & Retail areas
- Maintain a clean, friendly and welcoming environment for our guests at all times
- Ensure consistency with quality service of our beer, including tap line cleaning & proper glassware
- Assist Operations Director with implementation of ongoing staff training so they may educate our guests about our brand profiles, sensory notes, etc. to enhance their beer experience in the Taproom & Retail area
- Create a work environment that encourages ownership and accountability, and maintains the highest standards of food and beverage service
- Ensure adherence and compliance of staff with regard to all applicable liquor laws while on the job
- Coordinate with Operations Director for scheduling of beer releases, events, group tours, etc.
- Maintain tap room marketing materials (posters and table tents) and make sure bartenders and other staff are aware of all current promotions and events
Requirements & Expectations:
- Highly organized with demonstrated proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office software
- Retail point of sales system knowledge and experience highly recommended
- Knowledge of safe work operations, safety policies and procedures including sanitary handling of beverages, food and potentially hazardous chemical and materials
- Willingness to work holidays, nights and weekends as a regular work schedule
- Must thrive working independently and demonstrate a positive personality
- Physically capable of a variety of duties including but not limited to repeated lifting of 30 pounds or more, and extended amounts of physical activity with prolonged standing and talking
- Bachelor’s degree required with3-5+ years supervisory experience in the hospitality industry
- Cicerone Certified Beer Server® required within 90 days of hire
- A willingness to perform other duties as assigned
We offer a generous total compensation package for the right individual. Starting salary is commensurate with experience and benefits include paid time-off, paid holidays, company medical, dental, and 401k planwith company match.
Additional job opportunities coming soon on our website - Taproom and Retail Assistant Manager; Kitchen & Sales personnel!