Area Sales Manager- SF/San Jose/Santa Cruz
Anchor Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
The Area Sales Manager-San Francisco, San Jose & Santa Cruz will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic plans alongside Wholesaler Network to grow sales and share of Anchor Brewing brands throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and Peninsula territory.
Create business plans across the distributor network and areas of responsibilities to effectively grow Anchor brands. Identify key areas for growth and formulate both short and long term key objectives to achieve volume and distribution. Work with senior Anchor management to improve supply chain dynamics through freight and warehousing efficiencies. Create and execute specific distributor business plans to grow profitable volume. Responsible for evolving and implementation of pricing architecture. Assist and collaborate with chain account managers to penetrate and grow volume in chains. Lead sales team of Retail Account Manager and Sales Representatives to drive volume, profit, share and retail execution excellence at assigned distributors and chains within assigned territory.
- Responsible for being the single point of contact for key distributors.
- Design and execute bold and creative incentives and programming to gain distributor share of mind resulting in increased sales and distribution.
- Accountable for volume, distribution & profit at assigned distributors.
- Distributor management, scorecard and KPI development and management.
- Provide value added solutions and problem solving(retail solutions expertise and leadership)
Business Analysis and Collaborative Planning:
- Understanding brand attributes and communicate to distributors, chains, and retail customers.
- Direct and collaborate with distributors on development of the annual business plan for the key distributors.
- Development of target account lists by brand at key distributors.
- Scorecard and KPI development, alignment, and tracking.
- On-going forecasting vs. goals
- Develop and implement pricing strategies within assigned territory and chains to increase volume and profitability.
- Operate within assigned budget to meet objectives and grow sales.
In Market Execution:
- Responsible for key outlet selling – on premise and off.
- Accountable for the analysis, segmentation and development of target account lists.
- Own the execution of the Anchor portfolio in territory (distribution, display execution).
- Own the development of Anchor portfolio brands (identifying and prioritizing brand building opportunities for each distributor and chain).
- Regular market work-with schedule to evaluate effectiveness of plan implementation as well as identifying retail volume/profit opportunities.
- Prepare bi-annual distributor performance reviews.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Demonstrated success in relevant prior work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of sales experience in beer, including a minimum of 2 years of people/team management
- Experience selling in a direct store delivery environment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Retail and customer solution based selling ability
- Business analysis and opportunity identification
- Working knowledge of distributor operations
- Execution expertise (providing direction and solutions to improve in market execution)
- Pricing strategy and in-market tactics
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective analytical skills – finance/business skills
- High energy team player with strong social skills
We offer competitive salary and bonus incentives commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package which includes employer subsidized medical, dental and vision insurance; vacation and sick time, personal day, paid company holidays, pre-tax commuter plans, pre-tax FSAs, 401(k) with employer contribution, and employer paid long term disability coverage and basic life insurance.