Switchback Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
Switchback is hiring, come join the team and share ownership of Vermont’s favorite brand
In February, 2017, Switchback Brewing Co. officially became the first 100% employee-owned brewery in New England via an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). The move keeps the brewery locally owned and operated, still at its original home in the South End of Burlington, VT. As part of the Switchback team, employees work towards ownership by becoming vested in the company and earning Switchback shares. This structure provides stability, promotes efficiency and creates a positive and effective work environment.
PACKAGING OPERATOR – SWITCHBACK BREWING COMPANY
The packaging operator will be responsible for all tasks involved in the packaging of different product across various sizes and production lines. This includes machine operation, inspection, maintenance and packing. Follows standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Minimize beer loss and packaging waste while maximizing productivity without endangering self or others.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Flexible schedule a must, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Regularly inspects and maintains packaging equipment to ensure efficient performance
- Interfaces with cellar production and Supply chain/warehouse lead to ensure efficient production flow
- Performs CIP and SIP’s on all packaging equipment
- Manage daily, weekly, and monthly sanitation and cleaning log books
- Take part in daily cleaning of all equipment
- Ability to perform QA and QC checks on all packaged product while running the line.
- Interface with brewery maintenance to perform bottle and packaging changeovers from 12oz to 22oz
- Ensure run-rate metrics and or goals are met.
- Perform month end material inventory counts.
- Maintain accurate production reporting at all times.
- Ensures daily production records are filled out completely and accurately
- The day before prepare as needed packaging materials for packaging run
- Thorough knowledge of the interrelationships between the Brewing, Packaging, Supply Chain, Quality Services, and Maintenance departments as it relates to the product movement and production scheduling.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to analyze data and recognize detrimental trends that could impact the company through increased costs, potential regulatory issues or risk management impact.
- Awareness of OSHA regulations, and able to maintain a safe working environment.
- Exhibits the flexibility needed to respond to frequent changes in production requirements and/or systems and equipment failures.
- Two years of relevant technical experience in the brewing industry, food/beverage manufacturing, or similar production environment.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
- Able to frequently reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- Ability to frequently lift 55 pounds and move up to 165 pounds using traditional methods
- Ability to ascend or descend a staircase and/or ladder repeatedly during shift
- Ability to work safely around moving mechanical parts
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND CHARACTERISTICS:
- Experience with operating brewery packaging lines. Experience with Krones/Kosme fillers is preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of proper CIP and sanitation processes for packaging equipment
- Experience with maintaining brewery packaging equipment
- Safe working procedures & ability to follow SOP
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with limited direction, as well as within a team environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office programs and email