Finch Beer Company
Apply for this Job
Finch Beer Co. is an established craft beer company, founded in 2011 and located in downtown Chicago, producing 8,000 barrels per year, and growing, on a three vessel, 30 bbl brewhouse. We are seeking an Assistant Brewer to join our team as we continue to expand. The ideal candidate will have a passion for brewing great craft beer, desire a long-term career in the industry with a growing brewery, and require opportunities for advancement. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct daily brewing and cellaring operations in a safe and efficient manner that delivers the highest quality beer on schedule.
- Clean and sanitize fermentation vessels while simultaneously managing ancillary aspects of wort production, cellar work, and area cleanliness and tidiness.
- Assist and/or supervise with packaging on a Wild Goose canning line.
- Perform cell counts using a haemacytometer.
- Perform yeast handling including propagation, pitching, and harvesting.
- Complete necessary production paperwork.
- Receive and track inventory of raw materials.
- Perform preventative maintenance based on established schedules.
- Serve as a brand ambassador outside of the brewery.
- Must reside in Chicago, preferably in the city.
- Formal industry education is preferred but not required.
- Two (2) plus years of brewing experience in a brewery, particularly with experience in the brewhouse/wort production area.
- Highly motivated self-starter that possesses a high level of attention to detail, competitiveness and a team-first attitude.
- Strong time management and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to multi-task.
- Possess physical strength, flexibility and stamina.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.