By The Horns Brewery
Apply for this Job
The team behind Truck Yard, Twisted Root Burger Co. and Tacos & Avocados is looking for a Brewmaster for a new brewpub in Mansfield, Texas (approximately 20 miles from Ft. Worth, Texas).
By The Horns Brewery will be the heart of a small development in downtown Mansfield, which is already home to a very successful Twisted Root Burger Co., Hypnotic Ice Cream Emporium and Mellow Mushroom. The beer you brew at By the Horns will be pumped directly into Twisted Root Burger Co’s bar next door, plus we’ll feature it at most Twisted Root and Truck Yards in Dallas and Houston. The role has growth potential, with additional brewpub openings scheduled for The Colony, Texas and Ft. Worth, Texas throughout 2019.
The By the Horns Brewmaster is responsible for creating and managing the brewery program, including keeping up with trends and products to keep return customers interested. You will be the face of this brewpub in PR as well as with customers leading tours and tastings, so this Brewmaster must not only make great beer but be able to communicate about the beer program to internal and external audiences.
- Daily wort production, including all work necessary for the brewpub
- Serve as general manager of the brewery, including direct management of brewpub staff
- Planning the overall in-house beer menu
- Adjusting the menu accordingly in terms of seasonal items
- Effective coordination / management of all brewery related activities
- Ensuring that safety and hygiene standards are maintained in the brewery
- Work with management on social media and the proper information being released about the product
A qualified Brewmaster will possess:
- At least two years prior brewmaster experience.
- At least one year of people management experience, preferably in food & beverage establishment
- Knowledge of brewing, cost control, accounting and state regulations and norms pertaining to the business.
- College education or equivalent (concentrations in brewing, food processing, mathematics or engineering is preferred)
- Understand trends in craft beer
- Initiative and creativity to develop a vision for the brew program
- Excellent management and organizational skills
- Local Health Department and Food Safety Knowledge
- Flexibility and ability to change course according to the needs of the company and guests
- Be at least 21 years old
- Proficient computer skills with Mircosoft Office as well as Google applications
- Solid written and verbal skills
- Have a dog (hopefully)
Other things to know about this job:
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, lifting products and supplies weighing 60 pounds for up to ½ hour, and repetitive hand and wrist motion. Position requires working a full shift on your feet and reporting to work for every shift.
- Position may require work with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment as well as operations of phones, computers and other office equipment.
- This is a salaried position
- Position reports directly to VP of Operations
- Opportunities to attend industry based events and professional development, including competitions
- We offer Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Employees are eligible to participate in a 401K program with a 4% company match
- We offer a Paid Time Off program as soon you’re hired and company holidays
We strongly prefer online applications here:
If unable to apply online, please email email@example.com