President of Sales
Apply for this Job
Brew Pipeline was created to fill a gap within the craft beer industry. We strive to deliver world-class products and service to our customers across the country while adding tremendous value to our strategic partners. We’re seeking a President of Sales who can leverage decades of industry experience along with innovative technology solutions to help define and lead our growth strategy.
The primary responsibilities of the President of Sales include establishing Brew Pipeline within new markets, driving growth through their existing relationships with brewer and distributor partners, and executing on the strategic goals of the company. This involves calibrating an optimal sales team structure, planning and executing strategies and tactics, target setting, developing and enhancing partner relationships and results, determining demand for products offered by the company, performing competitive analysis, and implementing programs designed to be successful at retail and connect with consumers. The President of Sales will work daily with the CEO and other department heads.
**Note: Candidate location is negotiable but major metros are preferred.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities – Strengths in Distribution, Craft Brewer Relationships, and Key On and Off Premise Chain Channel Execution are Critical
- Formulate sales and marketing strategies, provide leadership, oversight, manage team deliverables and define measureable success metrics to incentivize the sales team.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations.
- Advise the ownership on key decisions related to sales.
- Oversee sales forecasts, budgets and key performance indicators.
- Approve budget expenditures related to sales and growth efforts.
- Visit and collaborate with distributors, brewers and retail chains to stimulate interest in establishment of partnership and opportunity.
- Negotiate contracts and ensure partner efforts are upheld per executed agreements.
- Represent company at trade association and guild meetings to promote company.
- Provide customer and wholesaler outreach and education opportunities.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates that are aligned to financial targets.
- Comply with local, county, state, and federal government requirements.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be a proven sales leader with in-depth craft beer and wholesale distribution industry experience. You must be well networked within the industry and have a true passion for craft beverages in order to succeed in this role. Experience should include management of distributors, on and off premise chain stores, brands and P&L. A Bachelor's degree in business administration or related business degree is required with a preference for an MBA. You must have exceptional project management skills, a record of building high-performance teams, and outstanding relationships with internal and external customers. A strong work-ethic with proactive communication skills and drive to succeed are a must. A Beverage Business Management certification and a Cicerone Certification are preferred, but may be obtained during first year of employment.
Brew Pipeline provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (gender), national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, and public assistance. In addition to federal law requirements, Brew Pipeline complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Brew Pipeline expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment.