Sales Forecasting & Pricing Specialist
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Apply for Job
The Sales Forecasting & Pricing Specialist (SFPS) will be responsible for analyzing internal and external sales data to help define forecasting and pricing strategies for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. (SNBC). The SFPS will be working primarily with the Sales Development Director (SDD) to oversee forecasting and pricing procedures to optimize SNBC margin contribution results.
- Assists the Sales Development Director in the long-term and short-term forecasting of all SNBC products.
- Leads weekly SNBC forecasting process to confirm current forecasts for all SNBC Brands, Packaged vs. Draft and Product SKU’s.
- Oversees internal SNBC forecasting process and management of Aspen forecasting tool.
- Works with Sales Development Director and S&OP team to advise on the SNBC brewing and production schedule.
- Works with Finance to input current forecasts and results as part of the SNBC annual business plan and budget. Attends weekly SNBC production meeting to advise and confirm current forecasts.
- Works with SNBC procurement and production staff to advise on long term forecasting and material purchasing.
- Assists in strategic pricing analysis and models to maximize SNBC margin contribution.
- Works with Directors of Sales to plan and execute pricing strategies.
- Oversees internal SNBC pricing process and management of Sales Pricing Tool (SPT) and ViP Price 2.0.
- Works with Finance to input current pricing and results as part of the SNBC annual business plan and budget.
- Creates and manages SNBC pricing data bank to provide field sales with perspective on Distributor Price-To-Retailer (PTRs) nationally.
Additional Essential Duties
- Performs ad-hoc analysis upon request.
- Utilizes data to help develop profitable SNBC selling stories.
- Works with SNBC Product Manager and Marketing to advise on forecasting and pricing as it relates to SNBC products.
- Maintain market awareness, staying in touch with the sales force, our distributor partners, and our customers.
- Assists with the on-boarding and training of SNBC new hires to the department
- Other duties as assigned by SDD.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably with a Business focus OR equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- A minimum of 2 years business analytics experience is required
- A minimum of 2 years distributor and/or supplier experience is required
- Experience working with sales forecasting and pricing is highly desired.
- Experience working in the CPG industry is highly desired.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to utilize and integrate data from various sources, accurately interpret data, and appropriately apply finding to business issues.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and project management skills.
- Proficiency with syndicated data such as Nielsen and/or IRI.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills, a demonstrated ability to leverage data from internal and external sources, and present findings.
- Strong communications skills including ability to deliver effective formal presentations.
- High level of professionalism, able to interact with all organizational levels.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Product knowledge/industry knowledge.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office Suite
- In-depth knowledge of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., its history, culture and products is desired.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is often in a quiet office setting or classroom environment with occasional exposure to manufacturing environment, which may include wet or humid conditions (non-weather), exposure to moving mechanical parts and loud noises, which may occasionally require hearing protection. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to lift up to 35lbs without assistance, and maneuver up to 168 lbs safely and with proper body mechanics. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk while training in the field. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
Additional REQUIREMENTS to consider before applying
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a driving record free of any major violations in the last five years.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check.
- Occasional travel required, primarily to Sales Region meetings in the field, approximately 2 times per quarter.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check and driver license check
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer