Sales and Marketing Director
The Beer'd Brewing Co.
Apply for this Job
The Beer’d Brewing Company is in the process of rolling out an additional 6,000 barrels of capacity with the addition of a second brewing facility located in Groton, CT. Beer’d Brewing was opened in 2012 with a three-barrel brewhouse focusing on hop forward Ales, and has grown to produce nearly 3,000 BBL’s per year. With a taproom foreword approach The Beer’d Brewing Company also maintains a sizeable self-distribution model within the Connecticut draft market and partners with wholesalers for distribution in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. The addition of a Full Time Sales and Marketing Director to our team will be imperative as we roll out additional volume throughout all sales channels. The ideal candidate will have hands-on sales and management experience, be passionate, committed to and relentlessly quality-focused, while also cognizant of the importance of listening, mentorship, teamwork, and the company’s core focus.
This position will be responsible for the direction of all sales activity. A thorough understanding of beer production, sales and marketing strategies is required.
The Sales and Marketing Director reports to the Chief Operating Officer and leads all functions and processes related to increasing sales and brand awareness in new and existing markets. Responsibilities include designing and executing a sales and marketing strategy for your team in order to meet The Beer’d Brewing Co.’s objectives and goals. As part of The Beer’d Brewing Company management team, the Sales and Marketing Director will have to have a deep understanding on analytics and reporting. The Sales and Marketing Director will work with others inside the company to develop and achieve the company’s long-term and short-term goals. The Sales and Marketing Director will be responsible for measuring the effectiveness of both traditional and innovative approaches to sales and marketing by designing the tools that Beer’d needs to measure and improve their success and move the company forward.
- Supports The Beer'd Brewing Co.'s Core Values and Focus
- Oversee and monitor taproom operations and sales and marketing team, provides assistance when necessary
- Coordinate with management team on sales planning and forecasting
- Oversee the sales and marketing teams through relationship management, clear objectives and action-oriented analytics and measurements
- Manage a team of 4 Sales Representatives and 2 Taproom Managers across multiple locations
- Assist Sales Representatives in managing Distributor Relationships, route penetration, and inventory levels by providing solid objectives and information
- Ensure all safety protocols and laws are observed in that transportation of products; train, reinforce and improve a safety culture and attitude in sales/logistics operations
- Oversee tracking and recording key analystics measurements
- Oversee and improve vehicle management (purchasing and maintaining)
- Develop and maintain management and vendor relationships
- Influence distributor focus and develop tactics to increase their commitment to our brand
- Represent Beer’d at industry technical events, conferences, and marketing events
- Work and communicate well across all levels of a brewery operation (management, packaging, customer, suppliers, etc.)
- Work and communicate well across all levels of sales and marketing operation (management, sales team, taproom crew members, customers, retail vendors, strategic partners, etc.)
- Assist with the Chief Executive Officer and local Graphic Designers to drive promotion of our brands in new and existing markets
- Develop, coordinate, and measure success of strategies with Sales, Production, Finance, Tasting Room and Creative departments
- Hold all crew members accountable to operating within brewery procedures
- Conduct annual performance reviews with all direct reports
- Ensure compliance with all Alcohol and Tobacco, Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB) standards and required documentation
- Facilitate vetting, hiring, and training of sales, marketing, and taproom staff
- Assist in the development of department budget, planning, and forecasting as well as directing production staff as they implement daily operational activities.
- Translate the overall business strategy into sales and marketing goals and objectives for the brewery.
- Work with Accounting to review appropriate financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement
- Identify and rectify areas for cost reduction and program improvement
- Ensure proper merchandising in on- and off-premise accounts
- Track and monitor progress in all identified accounts
- Promotional Events Management
- Organize and represent the brewery at events and festivals
- Conduct wait-staff / bartender educations, beer tastings and beer dinners
- Plan and execute on-premise promotions
- Ability to become a Certified Cicerone within two years
- Must be able to bend, squat, kneel, push, pull and walk on uneven surfaces on an occasional basis
- Must be able to climb stairs both inside and outside and ladders
- Occasionally lift up to 60 lbs
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and QuickBooks.
- Solid working knowledge with brewery ERP systems (Ekos, Keg Id, Orchestrated Beer, etc) and POS systems (Square, Breadcrumb, etc)
- Strong understanding of social media, email campaigns, Google Analytics and other analytical tools
- Ability to create a strategy to implement continual improvements in sales and marketing processes and increase market share and revenue
- Demonstrated ability to create and deliver engaging, straight forward, and detail-oriented presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Long-term strategic planning and vision capabilities
- Knowledge and experience related to the three-tier sales system
- Ability to manage a develop a remote team of Sales/Brand Representatives across state lines
Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum 5 years practical, professional sales and marketing experience
- 2+ Years management and leadership experience required
- Success within portfolio management and brand development
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Writing and math skills are necessary to be successful in this position
- Strong work ethic and self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team collaboration
- High level of attention to detail and strong communication skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Some flexibility in hours is allowed, however employees are expected to be available during the “core” work hours of 8:00am- 5:00pm. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Must be open and able to travel by all methods. This position requires regular travel to events and customer locations as well as occasional travel to breweries, other taproom locations. Occasional travel outside the local area and overnight stays may be required.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may work with hazardous materials and utilities
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
- The employee may at times work around high voltage, flame, hot water, steam, broken glass, and CO2 sources.
- The employee frequently works in a sanitary environment.
- The employee may sometimes work near moving mechanical parts.
Compensation based on experience. Benefits include PTO, Paid Holidays, Health Insurance, 401(k) retirement plan and free beer.
Qualified candidates please submit a cover letter and resume.
**NO WALK-INS and/or PHONE CALLS
***Must be at least 21 years of age