Port Brewing Co - The Lost Abbey
Apply for this Job
The Lost Abbey/Port Brewing/The Hop Concept in San Marcos, CA is looking to add another member to our brewing team. We operate on a 3 vessel 35 bbl system that turns 15-20 brews per week (Sun-Fri).
– Wort production from milling to KO/yeast pitch
– Basic brewing calculations (Water-back, AA adjustments)
– Filtration of beer
– Dry hopping
– Carbonation of beer
– Filling/emptying barrels
– Fruiting barrels
– CIP and sanitization of tanks and hoses
– Forklift driving including stacking, unstacking and organization of full and empty barrels, dumping hoppers of spent grain, etc.
– At least 1 year of experience in a professional brewing environment, brewhouse experience preferred.
– Experience with CIP and Sanitization of tanks/hoses etc.
– Familiarity with barrel aged beer processes a plus, but not required
– Forklift driving
– Strong multi-tasker
– Attention to detail
– Strong problem solving abilities.
– Flexible Schedule (Shift brewers rotate shifts monthly)
– Able to be on your feet for 8+ hours of work, lifting grain bags, pulling hoses, etc.
– High School Diploma or higher
– Brewing education a plus, but not required
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org