Boston Metro Sales Representative
Long Trail Brewing Co
Apply for Job
The Company is a leading regional brewer of hand crafted ales under the Long Trail, Otter Creek, and the Shed brand family. Long Trail was founded in 1989 and is based in Bridgewater Corners, Vermont. Otter Creek was founded in 1991 in Middlebury, Vermont. Long Trail assumed operating control of Otter Creek in 2009, and acquired the Company in 2010. The Company has specialized in producing award winning beer styles throughout its history. In 2011, the Company acquired The Shed Brewery an iconic brand in Stowe, Vermont.
The Company has maintained a strong relationship with its wholesalers, retailers and consumers by offering brands with a full range of taste and styles to match demand in the category. The Company has achieved competitive advantages through proprietary processes, and a well-developed knowledge of brewing based on years of experience working with these products. The Company is directed by a capable management team, many of whom have worked at the Company for significant lengths of time.
The Company offers its products in New England, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, and North Carolina, and is ranked in the top thirty of craft brewers nationally.
The Company is seeking a highly motivated sales professional with strong leadership, and organizational skills for the Metro Boston territory.
Reporting to the District Sales Manager, the Sales Representative will have daily responsibility for the Company’s sales activities in the defined trade area. He/she will be responsible for executing the Company’s sales strategy for distribution and volume growth. He/she will manage overall brand distribution, and deliver against specific targets for both on premise and off premise accounts. This includes achieving budgeted goals for promotional expenses and field spending. Position will be working with Burke and Colonial, specifically in the Metro Boston and South Shore areas. This role requires evenings and weekends for promotional, sampling and brewfest events.
- Retailers, Wholesalers, Consumers
- Sales Operations Manager
- Sales Team
- Marketing Team
- Supply Chain Manager
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct at least 20 to 25 account sales calls per day.
- Plan and execute key sales initiatives with priority retailers including new brand introductions, targeted tasting events, festivals, and promotional events, .
- Achieve/exceed sales targets for accounts in Metro Boston territory.
- Work closely with District Sales Manager & Regional Sales Manager to ensure alignment for orders by SKU and package to balance supply and demand.
- Attend monthly meetings at assigned wholesalers to monitor and measure results including; distribution, inventory levels/freshness, trade spending.
- Embrace a sales culture focused on structured business processes, continuous improvement, and delivering targeted results.
- Establish a high level of communication, coordination and cooperation with assigned wholesaler key account managers.
Work to continuously improve the professionalism of the organization.
- A minimum of two years of beverage sales experience or related work in the beverage industry. Craft brewery experience preferred.
- He/she will have the ability to thrive in a highly competitive field sales environment. Requires extensive team work with wholesaler sales group, at a dynamic and rigorous pace.
- Demonstrated success in sales and account growth in a consumer facing business.
- Comfortable with wholesaler dynamics in keeping Long Trail top of mind.
- The following backgrounds would also be seen as desirable:
- Prior craft beer or import brand experience
- Retail experience with grocery, drug, mass, convenience, and club
- “On Premise” market experience
- Relevant experience with wholesaler network
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communications
- Ability to analyze and think strategically
- Attention to detail
- Superior sales skills with the ability to provide practical, actionable suggestions to members of the team in a constructive manner.
- Very competitive, driven to achieve and exceed sales goals.
- Thick skinned and able to work in challenging and diverse markets.
- Possesses the ability and willingness to “role up the sleeves” and hand sell.
- Strong work ethic.
- Self-directed. Keeps the Boston sales team informed but can operate independently if necessary.
- Impeccable integrity.
- Environmentally conscious.
- Down-to-earth, enjoys the outdoors and the “Long Trail lifestyle.”
- Willingness to travel weekly and participate in evening and weekend promotional events.
- Passionate about craft beer and is eager to share our brand, beer and story everyday with new and existing contacts.
- An enthusiastic, high energy individual who assists the Regional and District Sales Managers to support for the goals of the organization.
KEY YEAR ONE INITIATIVES
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the business, customers, wholesalers, competitors, and market.
- Understand the current brand strategy and implement as necessary to achieve the goal of growth.
- Grow distribution in all retail channels.
- Execute monthly plan to meet with wholesaler, key customers, non-buy customers, and high-potential new customers.
Associates or Undergraduate degree.
Competitive base salary, plus performance bonus.
Major medical, dental, vision, 401k