Night Shift Brewing
Apply for this Job
Night Shift Brewing continues to expand and we’re looking for awesome individuals to help us create and share world class beer. Currently, we are searching for a
The work demands of the job will be changing throughout your time here, so you’ll need to think quickly and respond to changes quickly and effectively. We’re small and agile - we change all the time!
Summary of Position: The
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Understand and execute the daily schedules developed by the Production Manager
- Utilize the SOPs developed for every process: transferring beer, CIP, carbonating
beer, packaging beer, etc.
- Package beer in accordance with prescribed metrics, including but not limited to: dissolved oxygen content, can seam inspections, carbonation retention, etc.
- Transfer beer in accordance with prescribed SOPs, including but not limited to: recording dissolved oxygen content, measuring pre- and post-carbonation levels, ensuring maximum yields that are within specification, etc.
CIPsfollowing the outlined SOPs and recording all relevant data (ATP testing, D.O. measuring)
- Rack beer into and from oak barrels
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
1 yearexperience in a packaging brewery
- Understanding of brewing chemistry & QC.
- Understanding of beer workflow within OBeer, or similar SAP product
- Understanding the requirement of recording all relevant data
- Understanding the beer transfer process and relevant metrics
- Understanding the beer packaging process and relevant metrics
- Understanding a CIP/COP process, chemicals, etc.
- Operation of various pumps, hosing, carbonation stones, Anton Paar C-Box
- Operation of a Wild Goose 250/600 16oz can filler and additional machinery
- Operation of a Meheen four head 750mL bottle filler and additional machinery
- CIP/COP understanding and execution
- Understanding and use of PPE equipment for various chemical handling throughout the brewery
- Strong attention to detail.
- Eagerness for listening to ideas, questions, and feedback.
- An amiable personality and confident interacting with people.
- Should have
strongwork ethic and a willingness to support other departments as occasion demands. Keeneye for process/equipment improvements, with a focus on safety and efficiency
The production aspects of this job take place in a working brewery environment, which involves the following:
- Hot, cold, steamy, foggy, wet conditions
- Noise (up to 90 dB)
- Exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals, hot water, cold water, hazardous gases, and pressurized vessels
- Exposure to machinery with moving parts
- Wet floors
- Occasional entry into confined spaces
- Sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing
- Seeing, talking, hearing, tasting, and smelling
- Lifting up to 55 pounds and moving up to 170 pounds
Please send us your resume and an email describing why you’d be great for this job (but it doesn’t have to be formal, we don’t wear suits here)