On Premise Sales Manager
Apply for this Job
The SM will be based from their home office and work in the field within their territory to manage client expectations, develop and maintain positive account relationships, manage sell in new distribution and price features, and to drive brand awareness and visibility. This position is based on premise and requires consistent evening and weekend work.
- Manage an assigned account list of approximately 60 targeted on-premise accounts. Maintain regular contact and a positive work-relationship with account personnel; act as the key local contact.
- Sell-in price features, new points of distribution and programming packages to grow volume in accounts.
- Merchandise accounts and conduct wait staff trainings
- Maintain regular communication with TEAM Division Manager; complete all administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain current knowledge of client brands.
- Properly maintain and track company equipment and resources
Client Relationship Responsibilities:
- Become the single point of contact for the local client personnel; maintain regular contact and communication between the client and TEAM
- Meet with client to gather information to keep updated on product and industry knowledge, ensuring TEAM’s objectives clearly align with the client’s objectives
- Gather and report all pertinent competitive activity to client and TEAM Management
- Convey expectations and goals to distributor and promoters
- Work with sales representatives in the field regularly, assisting them in selling the client’s brands and programs into assigned accounts
- Attend monthly sales meetings with the client and distributor as needed
- Always sell TEAM’s value to the client and uncover additional opportunities for TEAM to serve the client
Field Execution Responsibilities:
- Consistently achieve monthly business objectives to include: volume, distribution, promotional activity and all other account responsibilities
- Work daily at retail locations, making key account sales calls to sell in new portfolio distribution, merchandise accounts to client standards, educate wait staff, and sell- in price specials and promotions where appropriate
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with all key accounts
- Complete daily activity reports which recap account call plans, accomplishments and follow up needed for each day at retail
- Recap all/any promotions and evaluate effectiveness in a timely manner
- Conduct wait staff education, training and entertainment events including Service Industry Promotions
- Work with distributor and promoter to set up promotions in and around events to maximize sponsorships
- Achieve account brand standard, objectives, and growth goals within each of the targeted on-premise accounts
- Responsibly manage all assigned company and client equipment and assets to include protection from damage and theft as well as proper packaging and shipping guidelines
- Maintain assigned accounts/promotions in promospace, and keep them current
- Maintain Daily Call Route Book with up to date account information
- Complete Daily call activity report whenever making calls on assigned accounts or working at retail with TEAM and distributor personnel
- Develop a weekly/monthly work plan and communicate it to both management and direct reports
- Manage all informational requests of field personnel and recap key takeaways for TEAM Management
- Manage all budgets to ensure programs are executed within budget guidelines
- Own the integrity of all reporting of information
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution preferred
- 3+ years of sales experience
- Knowledge and know-how of assigned market, and local bar and restaurant scene.
- Above average computer skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Beverage industry experience preferred.